"Ed Scott can be very intimidating! Remember when he caught me, you and Spencer smoking?"

  "To be fair, I was only thirteen so he had every right to freak out."

Charlie groaned, flopping his head back on the sofa. "Why can't we do something fun? Like polo or squash!"

"My dad's allergic to horses! And squash is the worst!"

"Golf is the worst!"

  "Please...."

  Oliver slipped his fingers under Charlie's chin and made him look into his eyes. "It would mean a lot if my dad could meet you. Again."

  Bending his neck downwards slightly, Charlie placed a chaste kiss on Oliver's hand and sighed. "Fine."

  He hated golfing but the sight of Oliver's smile made him shift opinions. He loved Oliver's smile.

♢ ♢ ♢

"You and golf attire are a match made in heaven," Oliver joked as Charlie met him outside the golf club.

He was clad in 'Tyler the Creator-esque' shorts and a very tight polo shirt and Oliver loved the colourful fit. He felt self-conscious standing beside his boyfriend, wearing a very plain trousers and sweater-vest-t-shirt combo.

"Is your dad here yet?"

  "He's inside but he ran into some of his Harvard friends so they're just catching up. Do you want to practise before he comes?"

  "Only if you do that thing where you put your arms around me and teach me how to swing."

  "Huh."

  "Like Troy and Sharpay in 'High School Musical 2'."

  "Ohh. But you know how to golf, Charlie."

  "So did Sharpay. I just want you to hold me."

  Oliver laughed before grabbing Charlie's polo shirt and pulling him towards him.

  Charlie tasted like sour apple gummies.  The gourmet and vegan kind that could only be found in one shop in Manhattan. A small, independent candyland with clouds of candyfloss and hershey's kisses showering the store. Charlie forced Oliver to dedicate an entire food shelf in his kitchen to the gummies and so Oliver always made sure he was stocked up.

  Oliver had to use his golf club bag for balance as he quickly became lightheaded.

  "I think I'm obsessed with the way your lips feel on mine."

  "Really?"

  Charlie sighed and nodded, resting his head on Oliver's. "I just want to kiss you all day everyday."

  "Everyday?"

"Everyday."

  From the corner of his eye, Oliver could see a few old men scrunch their wrinkled noses as they kissed in front of the golf club (which was basically 'Straight-White-Male-Central') but he paid them no attention. Most reactions had been surprisingly positive over their relationship. Both their families had taken it well despite the initial shock. No one at Oliver's work really cared. All positive reactions. Well, except from the tabloids. The media was going wild over how Nora Lawrence's ex-boyfriend, the heir of Scott Corps, was now dating a man (as if bisexuality wasn't a thing) and that the man happened to be Spencer Kingsley's brother. The headlines were nauseatingly sensationalist ('OLIVER CHEATS ON NORA WITH A MAN?! MORE ON PAGE FIVE') but the world cared more about Nora so he was quickly forgotten as the tabloids focused more on her other endeavours.