I've had enough of petty dues

I've had enough of shitty news

I've had a thing for dirty shoes since I was 10

Love dirty men alike

Ooh

Better day than yesterday

Ooh oh

I just take it day by day

Ooh oh oh

Never hearing what they say

Ooh ooh

I just do it my way

All I got is these broken clocks

I ain't got no time

Just burning dayligh--

Att cleared her throat and took the headphones off, "God damn it--fuck.", she turned in her chair, "Oh--hey, baby."

"Hi, Bubba. What's--uh...going on in here?"

"What exactly are you referring to?"

"The ink bottles all over your desk, the fact that you're not wearing pants--which, honestly isn't unusual but I can't help feeling as though it has more context here--"

"And you would be correct.", she pulled a box out from under her desk and place the ink bottles back in their place next to her tattoo gun. Atticus turned back towards Spencer, revealing the massive dragon tattoo that started on her hip and ended mid-thigh, "Can you believe that took me six fucking hours?"

"Yes."

"You look like you don't like it."

"No! I--I do! It's just--why?"

"Reading is your way of dealing with stress, mine is body mods. I already re-pierced my nose and, I figured I had some extra space and a day off...so, what the hell?"

"Right. Well, I was thinking maybe we could go out?"

"Oh, no. What'd you do this time?", she chuckled.

"What? Nothing!"

"Really? Because whenever you propose something like that it's because you've done something I wouldn't be too fond of."

"I didn't do anything, I promise. I just thought maybe it would help take our minds off of--everything."

"Yeah...ok. Where were you thinking?"

"I...didn't think that far ahead yet.", he giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they finished up dinner, they started to walk to one of their favorite local book stores.

Atticus looked behind them out of the corner of her eye, "Эй, ты заметил, что этот парень следил за нами, или я сошел с ума? (Hey, did you notice that that guy has been following us, or am I crazy?)"

"Нет, я делал. Я просто не хотел ничего говорить. (No, I did. I just didn't wanna say anything.)"

"Почему бы тебе ничего не сказать? (Why would you not say anything?)"

"Я не знаю. Я заметил, что он возился с чем-то в кармане, и решил, что лучше не провоцировать его. (I don't know. I noticed that he's been fidgeting with something in his pocket, and I figured it would be best not to provoke him.)"