"stop that, draco," i scold, pulling my wand from my pocket and refocusing, glaring at him before beginning to analyze the wound.

he sets his jaw, narrowing his eyes at the wall but not making any motion to move away.

i swipe my wand over his skin, reviewing the diagnostic as he mumbles things like, "this really isn't necessary," or, "i told you i'm fine."

i don't answer any of his protests, working until the bruise begins to fade and his face gets less tense. after a moment, his skin clears and i set down my wand.

i let my eyes wander across him again, observing the thin lines standing out against his skin, dozens of them covering his entire front.

"you're— all set," i clear my throat, sitting back slightly and averting my eyes to the ceiling.

he nods, pulling back up the blanket to cover his new scars, staring away from me as he turns onto his back.

"thanks," he mumbles, cautiously turning his head to mine.

i nod, "of course," i say quietly, moving even further back on the bed to gain a bit of distance. i curl my knees to my chest, resting my chin atop them and looking down at him.

he twists the fabric of the blanket in his fingers, playing with the knit absently and staring at his hands.

"is your arm feeling better?" i ask, fiddling with the end of my pajama bottoms, needing something to do with my hands to ease the nerves.

he scoffs, "slightly."

"you're— taking the potion again, right? i've been making it with theo," i respond quickly, straightening my neck.

he shrugs again, tipping his head to the side and looking away once more.

"draco—!"

"i don't want to talk about it—"

"where has all the potion i've been making gone—?"

"down the toilet—"

"draco—!"

"my arm's fine," he sighs, pinching his eyes shut.

i reach across him and grasp his left wrist, pulling it into view. around the black and twisting mark swirling across his forearm, the skin is red and blistered, once again.

i gasp, narrowing my eyes at him, "this is not fine, draco!"

"it feels fine—"

"we're going to go make it— and god damn it i'm going to watch you drink it!" i exclaim, turning around on the bed and standing.

he sits up on his elbows, looking at me curiously until i'm at his side of the bed, extending my hand to him.

"up," i order, beckoning him again. "we're making your potion."

"y/n, i don't—" he says hesitantly, shaking his head.

"please, draco?" i say, sighing slightly and pushing my hand further towards him.