Part 4: Ace's return

Ace looked at me and he grinned.«I knew you couldn't stay away from me.»

I rolled my eyes.«Can you stop being so arrogant for once? I am trying to save you»

«I am not badly hurt. It's just a scratch»

Just a scratch??? His shirt had turned red and so had the grass under him for God's sake. He saw my panick so he slightly turned and lifted his shirt for me to see. I turned red at the sight of his muscles.I tried to focus on his wound.He was telling the truth. In his lower back there was a cut -a bad cut from a knife- but that was it. He wasn't stabbed.

«Who did this to you?» I whispered slightly touching his back.

A quick glance and he turned his head away, looking at the forest.«I am glad they did it»

My jaw dropped.«What the hell are you talking about?»

He turned his head towards me and leaned it until our lips were only inches away. «I love it that you are worried about me.»

I sighed and got away. His attitude was worse than I remembered.
«I will help you up.» I said .

He arched his arm to wrap it around my shoulders and I put my arm around his waist to support him. However it was useless- he was too heavy for me. When he completely leaned on me I lost my balance and he fell on top of me.

I glared at him.« Move.» I said between my teeth. Him being above me made me feel trapped.
He got an innocent look.« But I'm injured. I can't get up on my own.»
I opened my mouth to respond but he put his finger on my lips to make me stop. «Not a word» he whispered. We stayed there, looking at each other.

«Nicole?!?!»

I heard from the distance and then Ace's weight was lost as something had pushed him making him hit hard onto a nearby tree. I looked at my right and saw a very angry Tod. Ace fell to the ground gasping for air. «What the hell» I heard him murmuring.

«I am going to kill you!» Tod continued. «She's mine!»

He ran towards Ace but the latter was faster. He got up swiftly, caught Tod by the neck and pinned him on the tree.

«What did you just say ?» Ace said between his teeth .

Tod glared at him angrily. He didn't seem affected by Ace's had blocking his breathing. « I said I found her first.»

Ace punched him in the face.

«STOP! What are doing!» I screamed. They both looked at me.« Ace let Tod go.Now!»

Ace looked at me with a disgust look at his face.
«You know him?» he asked me.

« Of couse she does! We live together» Tod bragged and pushed Ace's hand away. He started walking towards me with arrogance. I stepped closer to him and punched him in the face. He was so shocked he fell down. My fist was burning.

«If you ever speak for me like that again I am going to make you regret the day you were born. I am not an object you own.» I said cruely.«You are going to apologize to Ace right now!»

He got up swiftly punting at Ace with his finger.
«Are you out of your mind!?He was trying to kiss you! Do you even know him?» he shouted.

«Lets just say you didn't found me first.» I answered and got closer to Ace to check if he was okey. Ace sat down grabbing his back.

<<Whatever. We have to get back.The sun is almost out.>>said Tod.

I looked at him narrowing my eyes.<<He is hurt.I am not leaving him>>