Chapter 9

New Lead

Bright light seeped through those tight lids that were pushed together after the blinding rays were forced directly onto the sensitive glass. Jeongguk groaned as he brushed a handful of hair behind and grabbed them tight in place. With another hand rubbing over the eyelids waiting for the sting to subside. He could see black and white dots that faded quickly after shutting his eyes. He let his head fall back to the other side, eyes still closed with an arm on top. He let out a deep breath as the suffocation decreased and he finally opened his eyes, a blurry view painted overall. He rubbed his eyes again now letting out small grunts due to the headache. Now finally opening his eyes and kind of blocking the great amount of light from his eyes by putting his palm as a barricade he looked ahead. Black patches, this time bigger ones crowding his vision. He saw a silhouette, fluffy hair falling down messy, propped up on their elbows looking straight at him with a poker face.

"Taehyung!?" he gasped as he turned his full body towards the said man now his vision clear but the muscle of his eyes still stinging. Taehyung's once cold and straight face now turned into the biggest smile with bread cheeks tainted a light pink because of his natural colour.

"Hey sunshine.. you look dead" Taehyung said imitating a robotic voice. Looking at him the brunet visibly relaxed while the other watched him intensely, that big smile still plastered on his face. Jeongguk sighed and replied with a sarcastic 'thanks I needed to know that' as Taehyung broke out with a small chuckle.

"Are you okay?... " the older asked almost cautiously as his voice dropped a notch down and his eyebrows raised unintentionally which sent Jeongguk's brain flying through the previous day's all-abouts and had him panicking and  vigorously spitting questions at the older who just watched him with twitched brows. The brunet now sat upright on the fresh mattress with his knees bent as he held the other's face inspecting every feature, looking for any signs of injury or anything at all. The blonde looked the other direct in the eyes as he was busy searching for bruises and sat up too. Jeongguk looked up meeting his eyes who was just watching him quietly.

"Will you say something!?" he said no screamed in the other's face while shoving his shoulder  when Taehyung's hand came up as a quick reflex stopping Jungkook and holding his hand from hitting him further. There was a moment of intense silence both thinking deeply.

"What are you talking about?" looking genuinely confused as the other's head shot up, eyes burning with 'seriously?'

"Ey this is no time for jokes, those men had fucking guns.." Jeongguk yelped trying to contain himself from smashing the older as well as making him realize the intensity of the situation. The older raised his eyebrows as he mouthed 'oh' looking like he remembered and for a second the younger was gla-

"Oh you had a bad dream. Tsk. It's okay babe it was just a dream... Don't think about it a lot okay?" Sus. Huh? Was he really kidding right  now? Jeongguk couldn't believe it.

"Taehyung! You think I'm dumb? I told you don't fuck with me" he exaggerated because if Taehyung was joking this was the lamest thing he could've ever expected.. His doe-eyes looked over at the blonde who sat in front of him totally silent looking back at him.

"What? Taehyung noo, the hotel...y-your cocaine and those two men? with....guns? Who attacked us?" Taehyung noticed the younger's panic and realized he was really off. He couldn't understand shit but nonetheless embraced the younger in his big arms who started throwing hands while explaining also losing breath. "J-jeongguk shush. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay" he on kept whispering over and over, rocking the body in his arms back and forth.

Stygian - TK  [BXB]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara