PART TWENTY - ANNUAL PUREBLOOD BALL

Everyone's heads turned as the young woman walked down grand stairs into the party, people stared in awe, women and men telling their son's to talk to the Gaunt's only daughter

Her dress seemed as if it was made for her, the way the clouds fit perfectly into the sky. But there was always something in her eyes, the poison that her mother also held, the type of women that could kill a man with a glance.

She meets the end of the stairs and greets her mother with a formal hug, her mother compliments her as Arabelle's attention was diverted to Kara who was waiting to greet the girl. Arabelle rushes over, hugging her friend and thanking her for coming.

"I'm serious, if it wasn't for you I'd be stuck in small talk with the Burke's, it's boring- and, you can stay over tonight, because Parkinson is staying over and I don't fancy being alone listening to her all tomorrow."

Kara rolls her eyes and laughs

"Right I'll stay, but on another note, you look fucking amazing!"

"God, I love you Kara!"

The girls make their way over to the wine table, a table full of middle aged witches making small talk about the different flavours of expensive wines Kara and Arabelle stood at opposite sides of the table, grabbing a glass of wine and downing them together, clinking their glasses together, people gave them odd looks as they picked up their second glass and met each other again, linking arms and walking over to the smoking area in the back garden.

"I think this is the first time we've both had a nice peaceful and happy night for the first time in forever." Kara says, Arabelle nods in agreement.

There was a serene moment, people around them
chattering, the cold breeze on their bodies as they drank, teeth chattering like the people around them.

The quiet was ruined by an influx of people gathering around her entrance, she mutters under her breath and sighs, downing the remains in her glass, Kara does the same and follows Arabelle into the grand entrance as the girl pushes through the crowds of people in her house.

In the middle of the crowd stood her father, and other death eaters, her mother was in tears as her father shouted, she looked at Draco and his mother, expecting anyone to step up, but of course, they left the sixteen year old girl to it.

"Oh, there she is, my sweet daughter-"

"Get out." She says bluntly, he looks at her in utter confusion.

"Come on love- where's the warm greetings, I'm your father." He says condescendingly.

"You are nothing to me, now, get out of my fucking house."

"Last time I checked this is my hou-"

"Last time I checked, you got chucked into Azkaban for being a death eater, this isn't your house."

"You bitc-" He says, lunging to slap her, she grabs him and hits him, he falls to the floor, clutching his bloody nose.

People started piling out of the house as Narcissa ordered them, the only people that stayed were the Parkinson's, Kara's family and what was left of the Malfoy's.

Kara and Narcissa led a very angry Arabelle up the stairs, Kara looked back at the mark Arabelle had left on the man and ushering her up the stairs.