PART SIXTEEN - KATIE BELL

Christmas, the one holiday everyone adored, the time to share warm greetings and presents. It was usually the one holiday Arabelle looked forward to the most, she enjoyed the big dinners the house elves would make, letting her help cook.

But it was different for her this year, the grand ball this year was going to be different, full of death eaters and their families, she had removed her friends from the guest list, for once.

She wanted them to be safe, away from death eaters, she didn't want them to be associated with her, for the lurking reputation of her being a potential death-eater, she knew they were at the ministry the night Sirius Black died, she knew they saw her father.

A branch snapping snapped her out of her train of thoughts, she spots Nina, Saoirse, and Bridget, walking to the courtyard at a fast pace, she realised they were approaching her with disturbed looks, she pretends not to notice them and stares at her book.

"Did you curse Katie Bell?" Nina asks, a pointed look on her face.

"No." Arabelle says monotonously, not looking up from her book.

"We know you did it, I mean it's quite obvious Arabelle! But i'm disappointed to say the least." Saoirse says, looking at her and back to Bridget, who looked the most disheveled out of them all as she bit her lip, wiping a stray tear from her face.

"You've been acting all weird, sneaking about late at night, both you and Malfoy, totally isolating from us soon after your father gets put in Azkaban." Saoirse says, Arabelle looks out into the distance, totally ignoring her last comment, pretending it didn't hurt her that her closest friends believed that.

"I'm guessing the chosen one told you all that? Believe what you want, I don't need to prove anything to anyone."

"I hope you and Malfoy rot in hell." Bridget spits, staring her friend up and down with tears in her eyes.

"Out of all people Bridget I didn't expect you to get brainwashed by Potter." Arabelle says, slamming her book and storming away, not letting her emotions flow through.