Free! Iwatobi Swim Club: Haruka Nanase

Water. It made up his life. It was all he had beside his strange obsession with mackerel and his passion for swimming.

And even though he absolutely adored the clear substance; this wasn't his passion at all in this moment. For he didn't like thunderstorms and hurricanes, even if they did consist of nothing but water. Especially when they were headed right toward where he was. It was nearly midnight and this chaos of Mother Nature began around seven in the evening. Haru was currently seated in his home, in the corner by his table listening to the wild storm raging about just outside of his door. He was also beginning to regret letting her walk out like that. What of she got caught up in the storm? Being that she also lived alone no one would know if she got hurt or not. Would anyone try to help? Would anyone want to? With shaky hands he dialed the [e/c] eyed girls' cell and tapped his foot impatiently as he listened to the rings. "Mmm... H-hello?" A groggy feminine voice answered on the end if the line making Haru sigh in relief. "Hello." He answered and the girl sighed before the sound of rustling sheets was heard. "What's up Haru? Why are you calling this late? Can't sleep? Or is it the storm?" She asked and he remained silent making her sigh. "Would you like me to come over?" She asked and Haru grumbled before she just chuckled. "I'll drive, don't worry. I'll see you in a bit." And with that she hung up making the blue eyed swimmer slap his flip phone shut and lean back into the wall, black slowly slipping into his vision...

The sound of coughing and the rustle of fabric made him open his eyes to be met with beautiful [e/c] ones. "Hey, Haru." She sputtered out like an old car engine and fell forward a bit as he took the liberty to see that she was practically straddling him, hands by hie head as her hair hung down like a veil between the sides of them; blood trickling down her forehead. "What's going on?" He asked and she gave a weak and pained smile, "Thank god you're not hurt. You could have died." She gasped out and he quirked an eyebrow. "Your house fell Haru, the hurricane hit your neighborhood. I'm shielding you from the boards." She said simply and his blue eyes widened as he glanced around to see that indeed, there were boards everywhere; including on the back of the teen above him. "We've been here for a bit, I don't think I can hold out much longer." Suddenly she began hacking as blood flew from her mouth, a few drops landing on Haru's cheek making him panic "[Y/n]..." He gasped as she screamed, a splintered piece of wood jabbing through her side making her fall a bit before pushing herself back up with her elbows weakly. Tears brimmed their eyes as she began to fall forward "[Y/n]! No!" He shouted as she gave a bloody smile "It's okay... It's all going to be okay..." She breathed and he gripped her arms "Hey Haru," he looked directly into her teary [e/c] orbs as stared at him. "I love you."

Haru woke to the sound of lightening cracking and his front door slamming shut. He gasped and looked around, the windows rattled and he house remained un tousled. Haru fell onto his side and clutched his phone to his chest as he curled into a ball, crying quietly. "Hello? I'm here! Haru-" [Y/n] cut herself short when she walked in on the ebony haired swimmer laying on the ground in shock, tears running down his face. Immediately she rushed to his side and kneeling beside him, picking him gently and lifting his head to meet her eyes. Without warning he glomped her in a tight hug, muttering about a nightmare and her dying before hyperventilating intensely. "Hey, hey, hey, shhh. It's okay... Calm down." She whispered holding him close to her chest as he continued to breathe heavily. "I'm okay, you're okay. Nothing's gonna happen hun. It's okay...." She cooed making him slow down slightly "Slowly, breathe slowly." She said and he eventually stopped. "Good, good. It was just a dream. I'm right here...." [Y/n] breathed and he clutched onto her t-shirt. "Hey Haru," she lifted his face with her hands, lifting his head to face her as she ran a thumb over his cheek, wiping away the tears that fell from his eyes. "I love you,"