Ch 05 - A friendly Game with the Knights Gone wrong

Start from the beginning

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

[ No one's PoV ]

"Hello, Weclome to Good Hunter- ah! Hello Jean-sama!" The lady behind the counter said in surprise "i never have thought to see you!" Jean only laughed "Is it possible to get a table for two?" (Y/N)'s head popped behind Jean causing the woman in the counter to jump in shock 

"Eh?!"

"Hallo!" (Y/N) smiled widely "Am here for my daily dose of coca- er.... Toast! Toast with Jean! Ah wait no Toast with Jelly! Jelly!" Jean raised an eyebrow at him causing him to look away and scratch his cheeks "ah... Are you perhaps in a date with Jean-sama, (Y/N)?" Now it was Jean's turn to be surprised, she quickly looked at (Y/N) who only responded with a thumbs up "(Y-Y/N)?!"

"Oh my... You just arrived here in this town and your already in a date? you are such a ladies man (Y/N)..." (Y/N) only responded with a thumbs up and a proud smile "I am turning into a mature man, Sara-san! Anyways I'll have the usual" he says as he grabbed a chair and patted on it while looking at Jean with a smile "Sit"

Jean couldn't do anything but comply, after she sat on her seat and (Y/N) went to sit on his seat, he started a conversation "So is there any reports yet?"

Jean shook her head "It's just early in the morning (Y/N).. you can't expect something like that to appear suddenly" she said as she fixes herself on her chair while (Y/N) leaned back "Sorry, It's just that I have way too much free time at the moment" he says as he looked at the fountain in the middle of the city

"...I wonder..." Jean looked at him with curiosity, He wonders about what? "..." He didn't finish his sentence as he looked at the fountain before frowning, Jean had to think for a second. Was there something wrong with the fountain?

Silence filled their table, But it didn't last long as Sara came back with two plates in her hand "Sorry for the wait, Here you go!" The sound of the plate being placed on the table shook (Y/N) back to reality as he grabbed the toast from the plate and bit into it "is nice" He replied with visible happiness "I'm glad to hear that from you, (Y/N)"

Sara bowed with a smile and walked back to the counter, Jean froze for a second before grabbing the bread in her plate, She really hasn't ordered anything yet... But if it was making (Y/N) happy then she suppose she could give this a try...

She slowly bit into the bread....

It was tasty... In medium rare of tasty....

...

...

Perhaps she lied... Because she now finds herself happily devouring the bread "it's tasty right?" He says as he puts his arms on the table "...Mhm.." Jean only nodded causing him to Smile "now that I think about it... Your workforce is kinda... Few to be honest"

"How do you say so?" Jean asks as she finished the bread she was eating, next time she asks Amber to get food for her, maybe she should ask her to get some of this toasts "Well... It's just you, Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Lumine and me. That's kinda low if you ask me"

"Ah.. I haven't showed you to the others yet haven't I?" She says as she puts a finger on her chin "Oh there's more? That's a shocker I guess, How many have I not met?" He now leans forward to the table with interest "Hmm... I guess you don't know atleast 4 of them..."

This made (Y/N) raise an eyebrow " Atleast Four? Then.... That's still low" Jean was confused, Wasn't the numbers enough? She wanted to ask him the question but was interrupted by someone else

"Oh? Grand Master is having a date with the new kid?" She covered her face from blushing at Kaeya's sudden Statement "D-Don't Appear all of the sudden!"