18. New York

"A year and a half ago the new directions were nothing but a group of six misfits, stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of "Sit down you're rocking the boat". Now here we are at the top of the show choir heap! Nationals!" Kurt tells the group excited while they all sit on the stair eating lunch.

Just as Naomi was about to take a bit out of her sandwich, Sam suddenly leans over to take a large bit out of her food and smiling innocently as she looks at him in betrayal before somberly looking back to her sandwich.

"I wanna hit up Central Park, get my frolic on." Tina tells the group.

"Oooh I second that!" Naomi cheers as she raises her hand slightly before turning to look at Sam hinting at it more, before she grins and takes a bit of her food as he nods excitedly with her.

"I wanna throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge." Puck tells the group hopefully as they all send him questionable glances in return.

"Guys, hold on. I mean we still have two songs to write." Finn tells the group, sorta being a Debbie downer on the groups excitement.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants." Kurt mocks before going on, "Lets not act like Naomi doesn't already have an amazing song in that journal of hers.

"I don't have any that are Nationals material, I have a melody but no lyrics yet for something big though, so, I don't know." Naomi tells the group with a small smile at the compliment she got hand all of the excited looks on their faces.

"Well, what about that new one you were working on, during the plane ride here?" Sam asks her slightly confused as to why she would say it wasn't nationals material when he thought it was amazing.

"It's good. But Im not sure its right for Nationals, maybe I'll show you guys later." Naomi tells them as they all nod before going back to the previous conversation.

"But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave." Kurt tells the group looking to them as they all smile a bit in agreement before busting into impromptu song. A few lines in however Rachel interrupts them with a smug but excited smile on her face.

"Guys, I have news. To celebrate our impending win at Nationals." Rachel starts but Naomi cuts her off.

"Oh no! You jinxed it where's some wood that I can knock on?" She tells Rachel before frantically looking around and sighing in defeat when she's unable to find any wood.

"Well, anyway, I got us all 14 tickets to Broadways longest running show ever, Cats!" Rachel tells them as she brings out the tickets. As she reveals the tickets Brittanys arms shoot up in the air as she cheers excitedly.

"You might wanna check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because Cats closed about 11 years ago." Quinn tells her with an annoyed undertone to her words as she stares said girl down.

"He did seem crazy. He charged my credit card by shipping it through his butt crack." Rachel tells the group a little disheartened as she remembers the sight of the homeless man.

"And I don't want this anymore," Naomi says gesturing to her sandwich. "Who wants it?" She asks before suddenly Mike and Sam spring to rip the sandwich from her hands only succeeding in ripping it in half and crushing each half that they got.

~~~~~

"Do you know that I can get an Ahi TarTare and a steak sandwich at three in the morning form their all night dining menu?" Kurt tells them in awe as he moves the menu from in front of his face to look at everyone in the glee club, all of which are gathered in one of the rooms. "I feel like Elouise."

"I have pills for that." Brit says as she glances at Kurt which in turn makes Naomi send Brit a questioning look.

"Alright guys, this is your time." Mr. Shue says as he walks towards the door. "Now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back."