Chapter 23

" You didn't tell me that we were going to tell them right now." JJ tells.

         " I just decided it." I say.

" When did this happen?" Kie asks me. " And why didn't you tell me?"

        JB and Pope haven't said anything other than 'What?' .

" It happened last night, and we were gonna wait until everyone was in a good mood but the last few days have been shit so I just decided to tell you guys right now." I explain.

        " Why were you gonna wait?" Pope asks.

" Because I know the rules ' No Pogue on Pogue macking'. And I didn't want you guys to be angry." I tell them.

        " I'm not angry, I'm happy for you guys." Kie says, smiling.

" I'm not angry either, just keep the making out to a minimum around me." Pope says, JJ and I laugh.

       " I'm happy for you guys." JB says, then he looks at JJ. " If you break her heart, I'll beat your ass." He warns JJ jokingly. Everyone laughs.

We just sit out there for a while, talking, drinking, and laughing.

Time skip to when they are on the boat and see Topper and Sarah

We are chilling on the boat. JB is steering , Pope is standing next to him, JJ is on the Bow, Kie is on the left side, I am on the right side of the boat. I am wearing a black bikini, so is Kie.

        " You guys see that?" JJ asks, looking at a boat that's heading our way.

" That's the Malibu 24-MXZ." I say.

        " The world's finest wakesetter." JJ says. " Number 1 in luxury, quality, and performance."

" 200 k easy," I add.

        " We picked the wrong parents." Pope says, staring at the boat.

" I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie says.

       Sarah stares at JB for a second as their boat and ours pass each other.

" You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie says, talking about Sarah.

    Time skip to when they go to JJ's job to get internet.

We get in the van and start heading to JJ's job. I change back into my clothes; a pastel green cropped t-shirt, a pair of high rise jean shorts, and white converse.

We finally pull up to JJ's job.

     " All right, keep a lookout, we're behind enemy lines." JJ tells us, pulling the gun out.

" C'mon man, put it back." John B tells him.

      " What, you can never be too careful." JJ retorts.

" I predict that bringing a weapon to a 4-star hotel will likely cause more problems then it'll solve." Pope tells JJ while getting out of the van.

       " Thank you Pope." JB says.

" I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie tells him.

       " Put it back." I tell him, getting out of the van.

JB snatches the gun from JJ and puts in it the glove compartment.

       " There you go." Pope encourages JB.

" You can't grab a gun like that." JJ complains.

      " Can't forget my badge." JJ says, grabbing his ID card.