Prologue/introduction

( I don't own any characters except Makena and her dad and any other characters I add to the story)(I have never written a story before so if its bad please dont be mean but constructive critisism is welcome.) ( also I picture Makena as Jenna Ortega but feel free to picture her however you want) ( sometime Makena gets called MJ or Ken)

Makena Johnson isn't your regular 16 yr old, she drinks, she smokes, she does almost whatever she wants. Her dad ,Christopher Johnson, is definitely not the best dad ever, he's a drunk, an angry drunk. He is abusive, both physically and verbally. According to him she is a druggie , teenage, waste of space and because he has said it so much, she believes him. Her mother passed away when she was 9 yrs old. That's when he changed, for the worst.

Makena isnt the most stable person ever, she often self harms but no one knows about it. The pogues; John B, Kie, Pope, and her best friend JJ. The pogues make her feel, the pogues bring her to life, and for that she is thankful. JJ and Makena have always had each others back when possible. Makena probably wouldnt survive without Jj there to help her. John B and Pope are like the brothers she never had and Kie is like her sister. The pogues know some of what happens at her house but not all of it, even JJ doesnt know the full extent of her home life.
Before summer something changed between best friends Jj and Makena. Maybe it was just Makena but she started hoping that Jj meant what he said when he was jokingly flirting with her, she found herself staring at him more and more, and she felt he was looking at her more and helping her more than normal. She didn't want to ruin their friendship but she felt like she didn't want to be just friends anymore. But with their dangerous summer ahead, would anything happening between them even be possible?

Edit: I don't remember if I said this in a chapter so I'll put it here, she's half Puerto Rican so every once in a while there will be Spanish words every once in a while since I am half puerto rican but I don't really speak spanish.