I see a black phone on a side table in a warmly lit bedroom. Beyond the phone I see Viktor sitting in an armchair watching television, smoking a cigarette and sipping on a dark spirit in a crystal tumbler. My focus returns to the phone as it rings. Viktor stands with the cigarette and tumbler in hand as he walks over to the phone, his eyes staying on the television. He sets down his drink on the polished wooden table and picks up the receiver.

"Da?" Viktor draws on his cigarette.

Viktor exhales smoke through his nose and replies in Russian while looking at his heavy, gold watch. I can't hear the phone call conversation nor do I understand what they're saying.

I see a side door open and a tall young woman with bushy blonde hair and perfectly applied heavy makeup steps into the room and sits on the bed. She crosses her legs and her white satin robe opens to reveal long shapely legs. She watches Viktor as she lights a cigarette. There's something amiss with this young woman, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

"Do skoroy vstrechi." Viktor hangs up the phone then picks up the crystal tumbler and knocks back the rest of his drink in one gulp. He sets down the tumbler and reaches for his back holster, which is resting beside his keys. He feeds the holster through his belt so it sits snuggly at the small of his back. Viktor checks his ammunition in his pistol before he slides it into the holster. He shrugs into his coat and fishes his wallet out of the inner pocket.

"Are you ok to let yourself out?"

"Where are you going?" Her deep and husky voice surprises me. It out of sync with her feminine appearance. In the same way her pink glossy lips belie her strong jawline.

"Dimitri called. He needs to see me at the varehouse. Something about a late shipment." Viktor pulls a small wad of cash from his wallet and places it on the bedside table.

She tucks the money into her purse. "Same time next week?"

"Yeah, thank you Hayden." Viktor straightens his collar as he walks through the door.

My vision is dark and murky. When the gloom clears I see the outline of a neglected warehouse close to the docks. I'm behind him seeing everything he sees. Viktor pulls at a large steel sliding door whose screams announce his arrival. As Viktor enters the building the vision slips away from me. I open my eyes and look down at Viktor who has slumped in the car seat sometime during my vision. I lift my thumb off his body and see a translucent essence clinging to my finger like bubble-gum. He hasn't got much time left. I nudge Viktor awake.

"Think about what happened."

I close my eyes again and concentrate. Viktor walks into the warehouse

"Dimitri, ty yeshche zdes'?" Viktor looks down at his watch.

Thud!

Everything goes black and I feel a tap on the back of my head like I've been hit, but I know it's just an echo of the impact Viktor felt.

Viktor opens his eyes and sees a pair of leather boots and black trousers in front of his eyes. One foot shoves his body onto his back and the assailant straddles Viktor's chest. Viktor's eyes adjust to the bright light behind the assailant's head and makes out a tall helmet with a silver badge on its front.

"Brian..."

Blackness again and I feel a tap on my jaw.

"Vhat da fuck?" Viktor, filled with adrenaline throws his arms up and rolls his body with full force to his side, throwing Brian onto his side. Brian struggles back on top of Viktor and throws another punch which Viktor blocks with his arm.