Chapter 25: Savage

Start from the beginning

"They fought against the Dark Emperor. They're traitors! They should be punished for treason!" a Super Minion finally exclaimed.

After that, no murmurs can be heard of.

Khaleed stood. Boarding on his sand which floated three inches above the ground, he headed to the Super Minion who made the remarks. While on his way, others ran out of panic, and a handful couldn't move out of fear.

"All of you, who do you work for?!" Khaleed strongly asked the minions in front of him.

None of them responded.

"I see. You can't say you work for Helcurt either. Your silence betrayed him!" This time, he made his voice even louder, "Does it follow then that you're as guilty as us? If we are liable for treason, so are you!"

The minions murmured. Obviously, they can't pledge their allegiance to Helcurt now. Not in front of them who could easily wipe them out.

"I didn't know someday you'd make sense, Sweetheart," Esmeralda told him.

Vale, on the other hand, carried the injured Lesley in his arms.

"I have to go. I need to treat her."

"We've got this, my friend. I don't know how to say this but we owe you our lives," Khaleed admitted.

"Let's celebrate our victory when our paths cross again, Wind Mage," Esmeralda.

"For now, what's done is done," Tigreal said.

~***~

This is bad, Vale thought. He knew the unanticipated encounter would make headlines sooner. He is aware his status is no longer that of an ordinary criminal. Rather, he would be topping the high-profile list, perhaps targeted as the number one enemy in the Land. With this in mind, he opted not to return to Lesley's tavern, but proceeded to Diggie's Inn. By far, it is the most secure place he knew there is in the Barren Lands.

Vale proceeded to the reception area. To his surprise, a lady minion was there, not Diggie.

"Where is Diggie? I need to see him!" Vale inquired.

"Worry not, Mister. He already gave his orders," Diggie's minion said.

"What do you mean? Where is he?!"

"He's gone for an official business. And he told me to give this Protection Chest to you. He said you badly need it."

Vale was confused

Vale was confused. Nevertheless, he took the chest. "I need two rooms."

"I apologize, but only one room is allotted for both of you, Mister. Lord Diggie strictly ordered to give you the most secure room we have. And that would be the Gold Room. Follow me."

Vale continued to aid Lesley as they followed the minion. The latter then opened the Gold Room. Expectedly, everything was made of gold. Gold lamps all over the place.  Gold chandelier hanging from the high ceiling. And large mirrors on the wall reflecting the gold lights which add to the room's magnificent gold theme.