28 - Way to go, Lindsay

Start from the beginning

"Is anyone else getting cold, or is it just me? The weather changed so quickly" he said and zipped up his jacket. I didn't know if he said it because he wanted to change the subject or if he was genuinely cold, but I knew I was. "I mean the weather has gotten a bit chilly lately" I agreed but Aiden just shrugged "I don't feel it" he simply commented, Lindsay joining him. "You're used to our weather baby, I mean it's much colder in Brooklyn around this time" she rubbed his shoulder. Lindsay is from New York? "Do you even remember waking up in our apartment? That was too cold" she spoke and both me and Aiden froze. 

I'm not surprised they met in New York, but living together, now that's too far. I couldn't understand their relationship one bit, on one hand Aiden seemed to not be enjoying it the slightest, leading me on and acting like she was the biggest burden in his life and on the other, they seem to be really serious about this. Their apartment? What else do I not know? 

"You guys lived together?" I found myself asking, before I could stop it. I could only wish I didn't sound as disappointed and desperate as I felt.  That made Lindsay turn to me, a victorious smiled plastered on her face "He didn't tell you that, did he know?" she paused, turning to him. "But why Aidie? She's your friend it's not right. Well, thank Gosh I'm here to inform her! Isn't that right Evelyn?" 

Stupid bitch- I smiled and took a bite of my very tasteful salad, not pushing the subject further. 

But miss petty had other plans, and after a moment of silence she took the lead, talking to Jagger this time. "Jagger can I have your opinion on something?" she said, putting her fork down. Jagger froze but nodded anyway. "Don't you think that when two people are so close, and have been best friends for a while, they would want to tell each other things like, I don't know, a relationship maybe?" she paused and Jagger started speaking. "Well-" "-because I think that when that doesn't happen, one of the two should get the hint and back the fuck off because if that doesn't show something then I don't know what will" she spoke about it as if it was nothing, all with a sweet, sweet smile on her face. 

I wasn't amused the slightest bit and neither was Aiden, but before either of us got the chance to continue, she turned to me "What do you think, Evelyn?" she asked, and rested her chin on her hands, pretending to really be interested in my answer. "Lindsay sto-" "-No, let me answer." Aiden started, but I cut him off. I wasn't a damsel in distress, If she wanted to play dirty, I could play dirty too. 

I turned to her and she nodded, urging me to continue "In such a case, I think when something as important as a relationship gets... how do I say this... skipped? Ignored? Pushed to the side as if it means nothing... it really shows something about the importance of the relationship and maybe, just maybe the partner should be the one to really evaluate their part in the relationship, because it doesn't seem like it's that important" I explained and leaned back on my chair, satisfied with my answer, a smile on my face as I waited for her reply. 

The table was silent as Jagger continued his food, minding his own business, his leg going up and down in a crazy rhythm, Aiden's initial frown turning into a smirk as he watched me. Lindsay though, she was on the verge of a crisis, slamming her hands on the table and turning to me "That's it. I've had it with you butting in my relationship! Don't you have other things to worry about such as, I don't know the fact that you're into someone who has no fucking interest in you? Don't you see how fucking pathetic you look?" Lindsay was now yelling, making people from other tables turn to us, listening to our argument, but I didn't care one bit. 

"I'm the pathetic one here? Look at you! You've lived with him and he didn't mention you, he preferred to come back for me" I spat back. I knew how it sounded, and it wasn't pretty, but like I said, I'm not letting her win.