#1658 The Lights at Kamuntolan Station ~ anonymous

Anyone else bothered when the train has to stop at Kamuntolan?

For those not in the know: as with most of the other Sinauna stations, Kamuntolan station is not located in any digitally renderable area, so it's generally understood to be anywhere between the Kamuning and Santolan MRT stations. The train also doesn't stop there unless there's someone getting off, so there are times when the train skips that station - you'll just know by the gradual darkening.

By the time you get to Kamuntolan station, it's really dark, like the train entered an unlit tunnel. And the doors will just open, and people will pour in out of that pitch black. 

Kamuntolan is always full of people, for some reason. That's why it's such a mystery to me that there are days when the train doesn't stop there. It seems like it's always just there's too many people, or there are no people at all, there's no in-between.

Now sometimes, the lights flicker. After all, what's a train station in a tunnel without lights, right? And when the lights come on, for a split second each time, you see the Sinauna riders. You see them pulling and shoving and melting all over each other just to get in the train. You see them, tall as old trees, stepping imperiously over the crowd while some smaller ones clutch and claw at their legs to keep them weighted down. Or small like moths or butterflies, pushing back other would-be passengers in swarms, or getting swatted out of the way.

When they come into the train they're ordinary people-looking people, as per MRT regulations - quiet and subdued, though sometimes grumbling about "some people" who are rude and get unnecessarily physical just to reach the door.

There's no line at Kamuntolan station. If there were lights on there all the time, it would be easier for the station authorities to keep the lines straight.

Yeah, that's my main problem with Kamuntolan station, actually. I wish they'd fix the lights.