Chapter 10- Death in a Red Cloak

Elizabeth worried, "Shouldn't they be back by now?"

She decided to go inside, and to her surprise, she saw her three friends standing right in front of the door to the nave.

"Is everything OK?"

"Everything's just fine," answered Sam. "Won't you come inside? We found something special."

"No, I want to go. This place creeps me out," insisted Elizabeth.

"But you must," urged Sam.

"I said no. Now let's get out of here!" Elizabeth shouted as she grabbed Sam's hand. He stood firmly in place, though. Eventually, she pulled harder.

That caused all of Sam's hand skin to get ripped off.

Elizabeth screamed when she saw what she had done. She then threw the torn-off flesh onto the floor in disgust. When she looked back up, she saw that Sam and the others were now nothing but bloodstained skeletons.

The next thing Elizabeth heard was child-like laughter coming from behind her. The laughter came from none other than Xezbeth.

"We meet at last," said Xezbeth.

Elizabeth angrily inquired, "What did you do with my friends?"

"They're MINE now," Xezbeth responded as she opened her cloak to reveal the others fused into her body.

Elizabeth's heart dropped when she saw what she saw.

"You know, you could have them back. I highly doubt you'll succeed, though," taunted Xezbeth.

"What do you mean?"

"Does the name 'Marie' ring a bell? Because you happen to be her descendant," Xezbeth explained. "Marie knew how to stop me. To others, though, it seemed like she did something evil, and that was her downfall."

"Wait... I'm a witch?" All of these facts were coming at Elizabeth so fast; it screwed up her mind.

"Yes. Now, I'd like to play a game." With those words, everything went dark.

Elizabeth gasped as she found herself lost.