Chapter 9- Mind Games

After lunch, the four returned to the camp. While packing up all their equipment, Megyn realized that she had forgotten something inside the church. When she went inside, she noticed that the area looked darker than before. She shrugged it off. Then, she heard what sounded like creaking coming from the floor. By listening carefully, she discovered the noise coming from the left corner of the atrium.

Once she reached the corner, Megyn saw that the floor she was walking on had changed. The creaking sound continued from the next corner ahead, so Megyn walked there, too. The ground changed once again, confusing her. Then, while looking at where she was standing, she came to a mind-boggling realization.

The floors changed because something had caused her to walk up a wall and onto the ceiling.

Suddenly, part of the ceiling on which Megyn stood collapsed without warning. She fell into the hole screaming.

The others heard the scream. Sam and Kevin went in to investigate, leaving Elizabeth to finish packing.

When they got in, they could not find Megyn anywhere. Plus, the hole in the ceiling disappeared.

"Uh, Kevin? This is messed up," said Sam.

"Agreed," replied Kevin.

Sam opened the door to the nave and saw that the whole area was now pitch black. Kevin got out a flashlight, and the two went down the aisle. If one were to walk down this church's aisle, they would be at the altar in about thirty seconds.

Five minutes had passed, and the two men were still walking.

"Is it just me, or does this place seem to go on forever," asked Kevin.

"Let's head back," suggested Sam.

Oddly enough, when they turned around, the door stood right in front of them.

"Wait, shouldn't this door be further away," Kevin said, puzzled.

"Yeah... I'm getting a strange feeling that we shouldn't go back through this door. Let's turn around," suggested Sam.

However, when they did so, the door reappeared right in front of them. The two stared at it with growing dread. Soon, Sam got an idea: open it and get as far away as possible.

Sam opened the door, and he and Kevin decided to turn left. But they went inside anyway. They should have entered the atrium, but instead, they met nothing but darkness sucking them into the unknown.