Chapter 7- Out of Sight, Not Out of Mind

Sam saw Elizabeth running up the stairs.

"Did you find something," he asked, remembering to keep his voice down.

"Sam, you gotta see this...there was this figure."

There were no more illustrations of what she saw.

Sam inquired, "You were saying?"

"I... thought I saw this shadow. It seemed to know me."

"Know you? Are you listening to yourself right now?" Sam sounded genuinely concerned. Had this trip gotten to everybody?

"Yeah, it looked right at me. I know it sounds crazy, but why would I make something like that up?"

"...All right, then."

At that moment, Megyn and Kevin came back with a book.

"Guys, I think this could help out a lot," Kevin said. It was a book about witchcraft and demonology.

"You got that right. I saw some weird stuff in The History Ravenwood. It looked like a shadow person," Elizabeth explained. "Plus, for some reason, only I could see it."

There existed a pattern with these events. Only one person at a time could see or hear whatever anomaly happened around them. The group decided to look through the newly found book together with that in mind.

Elizabeth gave the others a rough description of what she saw. After about an hour, they found their match. What they saw was unreal.

"Xezbeth..."

Xezbeth was a demoness with dark, shoulder-length hair. She had a strangely pale face and small, curved horns on top of her head. For her attire, she wore a fancy, long-sleeved blood-red cloak. Her most striking feature, however, was her sapphire-colored eyes. The eyes she possessed were the kind that stared into every aspect of your soul.

As for her personality, she loved to tell stories. The way she did so was by infiltrating a victim's mind to create a twisted tale. However, there was one catch.

None of these stories had an ounce of truth to them. In fact, in Arabic, her name meant "The Liar".

Upon further researching Xezbeth, Elizabeth came to a realization.

"Guys, I need to tell you something. Based on what I read in that history book earlier, I figured something out."

Everyone decided to listen.