"Anna," Pierce greeted.

I turned to look at him. I didn't know what my expression was, but he clearly noticed I was upset.

"I take it my idiot cousin broke your heart," he commented.

I shook my head slowly. "It was my fault."

"I seriously doubt that."

"I called it off."

He kept his ever pleasant expression, but I did notice a slight change. "I thought he was what you wanted."

"He's all I want, but I've lost everything. My parents-" I couldn't finish. I hadn't let the weight of their deaths affect me until I had to say it to someone else. The lump in my throat expanded to the point that it hurt. I didn't want to cry in front of Pierce, but I didn't know how long I could hold off.

I took a silent breath to relax myself. I wasn't going to lose it in front of him.

"My parents are dead and I'm next if I don't leave."

"You are sadly mistaken if you think Liam can't protect you."

"I know he's capable of it, but he doesn't believe me. He thinks I'm crazy."

"Are you?"

"No," I instantly denied.

"Just asking."

I crossed my arms and tried to focus on anything except the guilt of my parents' death. If I had just stayed away from Liam and kept things professional, I wouldn't be in this situation. I wouldn't constantly be looking over my shoulder. I knew a relationship with him would be trouble and I let myself hope. I learned my lesson.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I just want to go home."

"I hate to break it to you, but I doubt that will happen. You've been involved with a king. That doesn't just go away."

"But I broke it off. That's what everyone wanted."

"You have still be involved with him. They don't know what he's told you or how you'll react when he marries someone else."

"When?" I reiterated. I knew he would have to marry someone else, I guess, but I didn't want to think about the fact that I was letting go of the only man I loved.

"It's only a matter of time, Anna. Did you think they weren't serious?"

I shrugged. "Then I guess he marries someone else."

"You're sure you can live with that? You will never be with him again."

The thought of never being with Liam hurt, but how could I be with someone that saw me as a second class citizen?

"He doesn't believe me."

"Make him believe you."

"I shouldn't have to," I ground out.

He laughed lightly. "It's no wonder you two are drawn to each other. Exactly the same."

"I am not like him."

He raised his eyebrows and smirked. "No?"

"No."

"So you think you're better than him?"

I shook my head. "No!"

"So, explain to me why you think you're not like him."

"Because I'm not. He's stubborn and completely narrow minded."