Episode 38: Lost And Found

Start from the beginning

               "Give this to her." She shyly takes my hand and smiles before walking away, and I have no clue what to do with this piece of paper on my palm, but I'm released from that wonder when I hear Deniece's voice from the hallway.

               "There's nothing to say, right?" She asks, and I'm hurrying over to listen at the conversation that's taking place when my dad speaks up.

               Eavesdropping again. I've really matured, but at least it's not like last time when I was with Patrick. That was mentally scarring.

               "There's never anything to say anymore." He rationalizes or pretty much speaks the truth, and I'm wondering, I'm piercing my ears and trying to hear to identify, if there's any sadness or regret in his tone, that maybe he really did like Deniece, and he was hurt that she sold us out.

               "I don't feel sorry. But, I do feel, some regret."

               Is she serious?

               "After we part company, we're strangers; you live with your regret..." I blink once and sigh before leaning on the wall next to the door frame. "But if we meet again, all bets are off."

               My face instinctively goes to the side to hear better, and I let the phrase 'All bets are off' sink in, and I'm conflicted on whether I want to run into them again just to settle the score and punish them for being the reason Spes is out there by herself, or never set my sights on a single poofy skirt they sport ever in the future.

               My heads completely dumbstruck afterwards though, when I decide to take a look at the picture Spes wanted, and I see her next to Tara, a smile on both their lips with blood splashed to the side and a hole through our dead members forehead while she's mid-grin, a second before she fell to the ground dead.

               Spes wanted this?

               When?

               When will she stop punishing herself?

               Spes.

________________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

               "Over here! She's alive!" I open my eyes a bit to grunt at the feeling of someone lifting my head off the ground, tapping my cheek to wake me even though, hey, news flash, I'm awake. "Are you ok?"

               What the heck is going on?

               "Sage! She's alive!"

               But not kicking. I was just starting to feel better concerning how sore I've been the last few days, when I started to feel sick from hunger. Oh sh1t, I passed out didn't I? Seriously?

               How many times will that happen?

               Oh gosh, my neck feels like it's been slammed with a pole. And right now I'm looking into some boring hazel eyes instead of the blue I'm craving, and notice a tanned man sitting over me, lifting his eyebrows in response to me glaring at him while trying to speak.

               "Will you look at that? Gray hair...silver eyes...ha, you look like a mutant kiddo. Straider get his special metal in you?" He chuckles, and I shift before blinking several more times.

               "Stryker..." I correct him. "And it's Adamantium." I'm choking on this bullsh1t, but it helps when he props me up and hands me a canteen which I'm guessing is filled with water that I reluctantly take, but start to drink anyway, after wiping his germs off naturally, and that's what makes him laugh again.