-20-

-20-

I woke up with a burning feeling of dread in my stomach. Today was the day Schlatt was going to come by and meet with Dream. The more I think about it, the more I realize he must've come here before. How else would they have discussed the election in the first place?

The thought makes me sick. The man who for some reason feels the need to destroy the lives of all my friends has been in the same house as me before, and I didn't even know about it. I mean, technically Dream has destroyed the lives of my friends before too but that's... different.

I climb out of bed and get dressed, just sweats and a cropped tank top. When I go downstairs I see Punz is here, talking with Dream, Sapnap, and George in the living room, which is unusual. I have only seen Punz once or twice since The Final Control room, which means he must be here for the meeting with Schlatt.

Great.

One more person planning the downfall of Tommy and Wilbur.

I make my way over to the kitchen and open up the fridge, grabbing a cheese stick. From what I can tell, they haven't noticed I'm even downstairs yet, too caught up in their conversation. I sit at the counter and unwrap my cheese stick, leaning back against my chair and preparing to listen in on tier conversation.

Before I can hear anything a knock on the front door booms through the house, making all four of the boys turn around to the front entryway. George's eyes meet mine as he turns around and he gives me a look as if to say 'When'd you get here?'.

Dream actually says what George is thinking, making me shift my gaze to him as he walks over to the front door.

"Just a few seconds ago," I reply. "Apparently you all were too deep in conversation to notice me," I say with a dry laugh, shaking my head.

"Go back upstairs," Dream says as he reaches for the door handle. "I don't want you down here when Schlatt's here."

I scoff and dart my eyes from him to George, who looks apologetic.

So he's agreeing with Dream.

I am just getting up from my chair when Dream creaks the door open. Instead of waiting to be let in, Schlatt barges inside the house, pushing past Dream and standing where the front entryway meets the living room.

The first thing I notice about the man is the two horns sticking out of either side of his head, resembling the horns of a ram.

That's... weird.

I brush past it and study the rest of his figure. He's tall, tan, and has dark brown hair. His sideburns go all the way down his jaw which is also very weird.

Still, the thing that strikes me as the most unusual part of his appearance is his dark suit and red tie.

No one wears suits.

Yet here this man stands, looking more professional than anyone I have ever seen, wearing a sleek black suit and perfectly tied crimson tie.

"Dream! Great to see you, all of you really," Schlatt says in an enthusiastic tone. He turns to me and narrows his dark brown eyes for a moment before they light back up in realization. "And you must be y/n. I've heard a lot about you."

I stare at him in confusion, picking at my cuticle with my other hand nervously as I stand awkwardly next to the stool I was previously sitting on.

"You... you know me?" I ask, confused.

He rolls his eyes and walks over to me, stopping just a foot away from me. Dream takes a step closer to us, but Sapnap puts a hand on his stomach, stopping him.

"How could I have not heard about the poor L'manburg girl Dream has invited, ever so politely, to his home?" Schlatt says, taking a step closer to me, we were only inches apart now, but he was much taller than me and towered over my small figure.

"Invited?" I scoffed. I would hardly call what Dream did to get me here an invitation.

"Well, I guess kidnapped would be a better word," Schlatt says. Then, his voice quiets down to a whisper. I'm not sure if anyone besides me can hear what he says. "Nonetheless, I think you are much more important to this war than you think. To both sides, L'manburg's and Dream's alike."

I look over at Dream and he seems to be straining to hear what Schlatt was saying. His brows furrowed and he looked angry.

So he hadn't heard that.

I hush my voice, matching Schlatt's tone. "The war's over. I don't know who you think you are or why the hell you're running for president, but if you hurt my friends in any way," I lock eyes with him, my voice harsh and steady. "I'll make sure it's the last thing you ever do."

"Feisty, I'll have to remember that," Schlatt says, voice returning to its normal volume and enthusiastic tone. "I can see why Dream likes you so much." He says with an evil grin and a smirk.

I hate this man.

I look at him in confusion and furrow my brows. What the hell is that supposed to mean? I brush past the comment, and push him aside, making my way upstairs to my room. Before I go up the stairs, I look at Dream who is standing straight, licking his bottom lip. He's angry. I'm not sure if he's angry at me or Schlatt but he's definitely in a mood.

I go up to my room, but stay standing outside, and shut the door to my room loud enough so they could hear it downstairs. I sneak through the hallway and sit at the top of the stairs, leaning my head down so I could listen in on their conversation.

What am I if not a nosy bitch?

I can hear Sapnap saying something, but it's too quiet for me to make out what he's saying so I go down the stairs to the landing, making sure they don't hear or see me.

"So what's your plan, Schlatt," Sapnap says.

Schlatt lets out a chuckle. "I'm going to win the election. That's my plan."

It pisses me off how cocky he is. He just assumes he can win when there is an obvious choice on who the president should be.

"Ok, but like how," George pushed on.

"I have my ways," Schlatt says, low and controlled. "Just trust me, you are looking at the future President of L'manburg. Wilbur and Tommy are going down, I will make sure of it."

"Ok. We trust you." Dream says.

My stomach churned at that. He's confident enough that even Dream trusts that he will win. I need to warn Wilbur and Tommy. Chances are, they think they have this election in the bag. They have to know that Schlatt will win, however he's going to do it.

I have no way of contacting them. If I try to escape, I'll lose everything, but does it even matter if it saves them? Either way, I doubt I'll even be able to escape. Since I found out about Schlatt's plan, Dream's been keeping a close eye on me. There's no way I will be able to escape now that he knows I know about what Schlatt's doing.

They need to know, though.

I crawl back up the stairs and quietly slip into my room, devising my plan for how I will get a message to them.

I go over to the desk in my room and pull out a pen and paper. I scribble out a quick letter to Wilbur and sign my name at the bottom.

Wilbur,

Schlatt is going to win the election, I don't know how but he will win. He has teamed up with Dream and when he does win, Dream will get all the power. You and Tommy need to stop him or find somewhere safe to go or something. I'm taking a big risk telling you this, so you have to listen to me. Stay safe.

-y/n

I fold up the paper, write Wilbur on the back side of it and open my door to go back downstairs.

Once I am at the bottom of the staircase, I see Schlatt and Punz have left, leaving George, Sapnap, and Dream talking in the living room.

"Dream," I say to the man in the mask. "I need to talk to my brother."

- - -

words- 1399