Chapter 26

While I was wrapped up with the Reston case, Tommy decided to throw a fundraiser for CNRI. Well more like for Laurel. It was cute how Tommy was falling head over heels for Laurel. After all it wasn't really his style. Tommy pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What do you think? Do you think she'll like it?"

"Considering the fact you guys planned it together, I'm pretty sure she likes it." I gestured to Laurel. "She's also smiling like crazy and we all know that's not something Laurel does often."

I glanced out the door noticing Oliver and Diggle outside.

"I'll be right back."

Tommy nodded as I walked towards the duo.

"Monitor the Reston's with this. When you get a line on their plans, we move." Oliver instructed Diggle, as both men noticed my entrance.

"And you're gonna do another abrupt exit?" Diggle questioned.

"We're getting better at it with practice." I smiled, as Oliver headed for the door.

I followed Diggle not far behind me.

I followed Oliver as he made his way up to his mom.

"Hi." He smiled, as she turned around.

"Well, I'm surprised you made it tonight given your hectic schedule."

Sarcasm laced her voice. She seemed mad at Oliver. I gave Oliver a quick nod, to let him know I was gonna give them space. I walked around aimlessly, grabbing a drink. Diggle walked up to me.

"Redwood United Bank. They're gonna try a nighttime hit. I'll get Oliver."

"No, go get the car. I'll get Oliver." I directed.

I walked my way back over to where Oliver and Mrs.Queen were. She glared at me as she noticed my approach. Whatever they were talking about was seemily important. I gave her a small smile.

"Ollie, they have that order ready, but they need you to be present to receive it." I said, coming up with a quick lie.

Oliver sent a pittfuly glance at his mom.

"I have to go." He sighed. "I'm sorry-"

"No, don't bother apologizing. Honestly, Oliver, there are times when I wonder why you even bother coming home at all." Mrs.Queen turned around and headed to the bar.

Oliver glanced at me giving me a quick nod, and we left.

~~

Kyle rounded the corner as I stayed hidden in the shadows. Oliver stood out in the open.

"Kyle Reston." Oliver said, drawing his attention as Oliver released his arrow.

Kyle quickly moved a police shield in front of him.

"I came prepared." He quipped, shooting a few bullets at Oliver.

Oliver scrambled, away from the gun fire. Kyle continued to shoot as Oliver quickly dodged. I moved from my spot catching Kyle off guard and sending an arrow into his chest. Kyle grabbed the arrow and pulled it from his chest, and ran towards me. It caught me off guard, how he took an arrow and it didn't seem to faze him. I shot another arrow, Kyle dodging it with his shield. He lunged at me, pushing me through glass and up against a wall. The world started to spin from his force. Oliver quickly made his move, pushing Kyle off of me and fighting him. I noticed the security guard awaken, and grab a gun. I quickly regained my balance.

"No, we've got this." I yelled.

Derek ran into the room. I shot an arrow knocking the gun from his hand.

"Drop your weapon, now!" The security guard refused to move his position, aiming his gun at Kyle.

Oliver and Kyle continued to fight, as the guard held his stance. Derek quickly jumped in front of the gun as the gun fired. Oliver knocked Kyle out as he rushed over to Derek.

"He's bleeding out. Call an ambulance." I said to the guard.

He showed no signs of moving.

"Now!" I commanded.

I moved over to Oliver's side as he removed Derek's mask, and lowered his hood. Revealing his face covered in grease paint.

"Kyle. Kyle." Derek pressed.

"He's okay. He's just knocked out." Oliver said, his voice soft.

"It wasn't his fault. I turned my son into this." Derek gasped, as his breath faded.

Sirens filled the silence.

"Ollie, we have to go." I said softly.

He pulled on his hood, and we ran out.

~~

"What went down wasn't your fault." I said, breaking the silence Oliver and I were sitting in.

"I didn't say it was."

"Oliver, it wasn't your fault. You gave him a chance that was more than he deserved."

"I'm not so sure about that."

"I'll tell you this much. You say going after the guys on that list is the way you honored your dad?" Oliver gave a slight nod. "Well, if your dad could have seen you this week the way you card about the people he had hurt, the way you stepped up to try to help them. I'd say he'd be honored. Maybe there is more than one way to save this city?"

"Maybe."

"By the way, Stan Washington woke up. He's going to be fine." I started to leave.

"(Y/n)?" Oliver's voice is unusually soft.

"Yeah, Ollie." I smiled turning around.

"I'm sorry, I've been so distant." He said, looking at the ground.

"It's fine, Ollie you've had a lot on your mind."

It totally was fine. Right? It's not like he was doing something behind my back. I trust him with everything I've got, he knows that breaking that trust will break me.

"You didn't let me finish. I need to tell you something and if you need to leave after, I won't stop you." His voice slightly breaking when he said leave.

"Ollie, you know, I would never leave you."

Forever and always that's what we always told each other, when times were rough on the island.

"You say that now."

"Ollie, what do you need to tell me?"

My voice started to falter, whatever he did it was big. I wasn't going to like it one bit.

"During the party I threw, the one during the whole house arrest. I, um... Messed up. Laurel, she and I..."

Silence fell between us, as he failed to finish his sentence. Laurel and him. I should've known. They were always going to be attracted to each other. I knew that, but I thought he wouldn't go back to his old ways. I guess I was wrong, and to know it happened a few weeks ago hurt more. He would keep something like this from me for that long. My eyes started to sting, but I didn't feel sad, I felt angry. I was ready to explode. I had to leave before I did something unforgivable.

"I-I have to go." My voice shook as I repressed my anger.

I rushed out of our base unsure where I was going. 

~~Hi, Fallen_Angel here. So, um, that just happened. I would say sorry, but I've been planning this for a while and I was actually kind of excited to write it. Anyways, have a good day. Be good people.~~