Straight To Hell

******

Lukman got out of the car and quickly went over to open the door for Salma. She reluctantly got out and unconsciously placed her palms on her forehead, leaning back on the car when she felt the sharp pounding ache in her head which no doubt resulted from the lack of sleep and the series of tears she cried all the way.

"Are you okay Ma'am" Lukman inquired, examining her concerningly.

"I am fine" She answered, bringing her hand down and steadying herself.

"This way please"  Lukman guided her towards the entrance and a man was standing conductively at the front door. He was several inches taller than Lukman but no doubt younger. He was lean, dark-skinned with a round face that agreed with his small pinned nose. They exchanged a handshake with Lukman and the man said to him,

"We arrived an hour earlier than you, did you stop somewhere?" 

"No we didn't" Lukman lied, "I guess I couldn't keep up with your speed, ina Oga?" He inquired, dismissing the topic.

"I dropped him off at Mr. Maska's, he asked me to come here and receive you, he said you should meet him there" He related.

"Okay, let me get going then," He said, then looked to Salma who kept looking from one man to another with a bored and skeptical expression. "Have a good rest, Ma'am, goodbye" He curtsied before turning around to leave.

"Welcome Madam", The Man greeted Salma, fixing a welcoming smile on his boyish face. "My name is Nasir. I am Mr. Tareeq's personal assistant, pleased to meet you" He widened his smile and Salma only nodded. "Come in please", He ushered, leading the way and Salma walked behind him wearily.

They stepped into the building which was grand and magnificent but Salma kept regarding every beautiful thing that made it heavenly with contempt, right from the excellently Craftsman made designed POP ceiling, the luxury touch of royal gold wall finishings, the celestial crystal chandeliers down to fortune worth royal interiors. They were elegant but they belonged to him, she saw him in them, therefore, they didn't hold the slightest appeal to her eyes, they looked horrific.

"This is the main living room", Nasir provided, "It was designed by..."

"Can you take me to the room?", She cut him looked back at her with a startled expression. Yes, I am not nice, she thought, and certainly not pleased to meet you and definitely not impressed.

"I am sorry Ma'am" He apologized, "This way please, he led.

The twin staircase was designed in oval shapes with golden railings facing each other from a distance. Nasir guided her up the other side of the stairs and he must've forgotten the tick off he got from her because he continued talking,

"This staircase leads your apartment which consists of a living room and three bedrooms. The kitchen is downstairs, it is very spacious, you will find it when you walk straight between the stairs. The other staircase leads to the master's, it has a library, a gym, and a game room. His balcony gives a nice view of the swimming pool on one side and the really beautiful garden on the other side". Was he trying to piss her off or was he just stupid? Salma thought, looking up at his back scornfully. She settled for stupidity which she shouldn't be surprised, of course, considering who his Boss was.

"Here we are", He announced when they stepped into her supposed parlor. It was smaller and less grandeur than the main but no less splendid. There were three doors which she assumed led to the bedrooms, two faced each other from across the living room and the other one was located at the farthest end. "You can pick any, they are all yours, but I think you should pick this" He pointed at the last room.