8 - Just open ur freaking door!!

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I'd wear something prettier." I said, looking my outfit, an old t-shirt of Ashton's and a pair of shorts.

"First, you'd look pretty wearing rags. Second, would you have let me come if I asked you?" He replied, running his fingers along mine. I blushed.

"I guess not. I'm glad you didn't though, I missed you." I sighed, leaning onto his chest.

"And I you. But seriously, how are you? You've kinda ignored that question every time." He asked, I sighed. That was the truth, besides refusing to see him, I ignored all of his "are you alright" "talk to me" texts/ phone calls.

"Fine, I'm not okay. I'm far from okay. My grandma-like figure just died and I'm accused of killing her, AND I did kill her since my stupid broth caused her death. And I'm now a suspect, and I can't go to school, not that I miss it, but I miss being the normal teenager I was four days ago. And I..." Tears were rolling down my cheeks and even though I'd wiped them again and again, they just wouldn't stop, so I gave up altogether.

"Shh Shh, It's okay, don't cry." Toby said, wiping my tears and then hugging me.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We stayed like that for a while, until I finally stopped crying and we talked instead. We talked about a lot, including my case, he didn't exactly give effective ideas, but it was nice to say everything out loud.

"I never knew you could get Venetia, I thought it was long gone or something." Toby was saying.

"Hmm." I replied.

Just then, someone strolled into my room, I looked up to see Jason.

"Couldn't you at least knock?" I grumbled.

"I didn't know your boyfriend's here, Piglet, besides, you seemed fine when I forgot to knock yesterday." He smirked.

"Well, you should-" I began, but I was interrupted by the boy who had his arms around me.

"Wait, what? He was here yesterday?"

"Yeah, and the two days before too. " Jason replied easily. I turned towards Toby and looked at him, confused.

“Oh, um good.” Toby nodded his head and looked at his watch which I gave him, and said, “Sorry, guys, but I gotta go. I’ll see you soon.”

With that, he untangled himself from me and went out.

“Wait, Tobes!” I cried, running after him, I almost tripped the stairs and finally caught up with him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, pulling him to turn around. I failed.

“What’s wrong? Are you seriously asking me that?” he said, finally turning to face me.

“Um, yeah?”

“Great, just great.” He mumbled under his breath and started down the long corridor.

“Toby Christopher Greene! Stop!” I yelled, annoyed. Toby was seriously getting on my nerves, he was mad at me and I didn’t even know why.

“Look, just… just leave it, go back to Jason or something.” He replied, turning around. A maid, holding cups of tea, saw us, bowed and scurried away. I waited until she was out of earshot and said,

“No, I won’t leave it nor will I go back to… Wait, what does this have to do with Jason?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because while I’ve been at my house worrying about you as I wasn’t allowed to see you, he’s been here every single day?!”