Chapter 17: Freak Like Me

Eden's P.O.V

I really can't get Luke out of my head, he's just there. Constantly. It drives me crazy. I mean you can consider us friends now.

But his sparking blue eyes and his piercing lips just won't get out of my head. I want to see him and melt all over again.

I think I can admit it now, I have feelings for Luke Hemmings. But I don't know what kind of feelings. Like do I like him as a friend? More? Or less? I have no idea. But there is definitely something.

I don't want to. But I knew it was going to happen. I just never wanted it to. I'm scared that he won't like me back. I'm scared period.

I was minding my own business carrying my lunch to my cabin when all of a sudden...

"Freak, get out of my way," Marcy trips me makes me drop my lunch all over myself and started to walk away.

"You know what Marcy, you need to stop bullying her, because if you were in her shoes you probably wouldn't be treating her like you already do," Amber said standing up for me

"Why on earth are you talking to me?" She sneered. I sighed.

"I don't know, why on earth are you bulling her, this isn't high school Marcy, this is reality, time to grow up, because she did when she was 10, and you know why, no you don't so please leave her alone," BreAuna said standing by me. I couldn't stand Marcy anymore. None of us couldn't. She was on my nerves. Our nerves.

"You're such a freak show," she laughed at us.

"She's more classic than you are plastic," Luke chipped in.

"W-what? Lukey Pookey did you just say that?" Marcy's voice cracked.

"Don't call me Lukey Pookey, Eden is 10 times more real than you'll ever be and you just need to leave her alone,"

"I can't believe you're standing up for the freak," Marcy walking away.

"You didn't need to help," I said quietly, when people left the scene.

"I know I didn't need to but I wanted to,"

"Luke you don't need to protect me, you're not my boyfriend," even though I wouldn't mind him being my boyfriend. I ran away upset. Why? I don't know. Why did I say that? I don't know. Do I know anything? I don't know.

I am a freak. I ran into my cabin. I am a freak. I looked in the mirror. I am a freak. Marcy is right. I am a freak.

Why would Luke like me? I mean look at me. All I see is insecurities written all over my body. Freak. Ugly. Anorexic. Problems. Depressed. Insecure.

I started jotting down some lyrics in my song journal.

You're probably asking why do I keep treating him like this when I know I have feelings for him? Well I would also like to know. To be quite honest, he means a lot to me. Like you could say he holds my moon and sun, to sparkle up my nights or up my day. You could basically say my world, but he definitely is my moon and sun. It sounds better to be completely honest.

All I want is to be around him. I'm just scared. What if he doesn't like me like that? What if he's just a flirt and will hurt me? I'm scared period. I'm a lost cause, he says he is too. I'm broken like him. Two wrongs makes a right, so what I'm doing isn't right.. I should just talk to him.

I looked down to my outfit, maybe I should change first, I took my shirt off and grabbed a new one.

"Eden?" someone walked at the wrong timing. They ran out the door. Waited a few seconds. Wait was that Luke?

"Luke?!" I shrieked and quickly put on
my new shirt. Well at least I'm talking. Kind of.

"Sorry," He said walking in.

He had a smile on his face, his gorgeously gorgeous face, but it had a tear stained cheeks.

"I'm so so sorry," I typed in my phone sitting on my bed. Basically letting him join me.

"I'm sorry too," he said. I started tearing up a bit and leaned in onto his shoulder, making his t-shirt a little wet.

"Eden, what Marcy says isn't true, she's just picking on you because what she doesn't realize is she is jealous of you," he says while rubbing my back.

"How could she be jealous of a person like me," my phone said while I rolled my eyes.

He cupped my face. Making me look him in the eyes. At that moment I wanted to kiss him. We were close yet so far away.. Can he hear me thinking? At that moment I felt like he was going to kiss me.

"What you don't see is, you're insanely gorgeous, you're so smart, funny, you're real, you have an incredible voice, your eyes are to die for, you have an very sexy body and over all your personality is amazing," I stared at him in disbelief. This is the reason why I fell so hard for this boy. Because he sees me in all the ways I don't see in myself.

We stared at each other for a little bit, he leaned in and kissed me. He let go and he looked at me... I was shocked.

"Why are you so interested in me," I sniffed while my phone talked for me.

"I'm interested in you in all the reasons why you're not interested in yourself," and that moment he told me how he feel about me. Even though I sort of knew. But now it's official. I gave him a light smile.

"Can you um hang out in here with me until I feel better?" I asked through my phone. I still can't believe I'm not talking.

"Yeah sure," He smiled and I smiled back.

We laid down and literately cuddled for the rest of the night until curfew. I am officially in love with Luke. It's been only three months. I couldn't be any happier. But one thing. How do I tell him without my phone and without feeling awkward? The world may never know...

~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~