Chapter 3: The Letter

Eden's P.O.V

(One week later)

My eyes fluttered open, happy birthday to me. My birthday is always the day after school ends. I'm so glad we finished high school. It just means I get to do whatever path I want to take. But right now. It's me, my band and my music. Maybe I'll go to college next year.

I slowly made my way out of bed and started to get ready for the day. Maybe I should be a little girly today.

I slid on a pair of black bandana leggings. A poofy short black dress that showed off my curve but then ended up being poofy at the bottom. I put on my black combat boots and put my hair up in a high ponytail. With a black bandana on with my bangs in a bump colliding with the bandana (that's the color hair she has as well). I lastly put on my black leather jacket and my collar necklace to end the style up.

I walked into the bathroom and put on a little makeup. Mascara here and some eyeliner there. I don't like heavy makeup but mascara and eyeliner is just fine to me. I look actually pretty cute. I feel a little proud.

No one was home so I decided to look in the P.O box like I do everyday. I blasted my music in my earbuds, started listening to Greenday.

It's actually pretty nice out today. I smiled. I feel like something good is going to happen. I never get this feeling but it just feels so right.

I opened up the box with my key and out came pouring letters. I quickly scrambled to picked them up and looked through them. Sorting them out into my brown picnic sort of basket.

Fan mail. Fan mail. Fan mail. Battle of the bands. Fan mail. Fan mail.

Wait. I quickly looked back at the letter with battle of the bands.

~•~-~•~-~•~-•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~

Battle Of The Bands Summer Camp

Your band, TheLostGirls, has been chosen out of thousands of other bands to be apart of Battle Of The Bands Summer Camp.

Battle Of The Bands Summer Camp is an opportunity of a life time that your band is really wanting to take. What will happen is. The 10 bands that we asked to stay at our camp will be going against each other on a reality television show for the whole summer.

The opportunity is the band that wins gets to be known at my record label.

We will pay for everything so it won't cost you anything but your talent here at our camp. I hope you'll make it.

Location: it's an hour away from San Francisco, the limo driver knows the way. Enjoy your flight xoxo

[Attachment of 4 first class airplane tickets]

-Hi or Hey Records

~•~-~•~-~•~-•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~-~•~

I looked up from the letter and started squealing. What. Did. I. Just. Read.

I ran home quickly with my picnic basket of anything and everything and barged through the door.

I waved the letter in the air and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Surprise!!" Everyone jumped out from every corner.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed, tossing all the letters in the air.

"Well that was a different reaction than I thought it would be," Amber laughed.

I'm really confused. I grabbed my phone out and quickly typed in "I don't know what to say," while picking up the letters.

"Say something at least," BreAuna said.

"But why did you do this for me? I thought I asked you not to do anything for me," I typed in my phone.

"We just wanted it to be special for you," Bonnie said smiling.

"What was in the mail?" Amber asked.

I handed them the Battle Of The Bands letter.

They all read it and it felt like years. They all screamed. "Were going to L.A. baby!" Bonnie announced.

"Can we have some cake?" Amber asked. I smiled.

"Eden come here, open your presents!" BreAuna brought me to a table. I smiled. It's an fantastic day.

I opened my gifts, I got a couple T-Shirts, one said love bites on it. It was hand made I could tell. I wrote a song a while ago called love bites. I smiled when I saw it. I got a new phone case, some more mascara and eyeliner, fake pair of glasses, new nose and belly button rings, pair of new black skinny jeans, some shorts and a lot of money.

Than we all opened fan mail. Like a lot of it.. More presents I've gotten my whole life. I guess this is still new to me. I'm not use to this.. But I ended up kinda happy but a little sad people actually did this for me. It really did turn out to be a good day. It never was my favorite day..

After everything settled down. I go into my room. I ended up with the master room when we bought it. I don't know how but since I'm the baby in the house the thought I should have it. I put all my stuff away and go downstairs and went for a walk.

A walked for awhile. The sad anniversary is today. On my birthday. One of the very few days I try to see her.