Chapter 18

When Aaliyah eventually woke up, it was 2 o'clock. She saw that Carmen was on the couch but saw no sign of Dre. His car was still gone. She tried to called him but he didn't answer.

Aaliyah walked to Carmen.

"Carmen", Aaliyah said.

Carmen was still sleep.

Aaliyah tapped her. "Carmen", Aaliyah called.

Carmen woke up.

"I'm sorry to wake you up but I just wanted to know where Dre was", Aaliyah said.

"I'm not sure. He drove off last night when we got here", Carmen said.

"Where's Andrea?", Aaliyah asked.

Carmen was quiet.

Aaliyah looked down. She knew it was something bad but she didn't wanna know at the moment so she changed the subject.

"Did he leave because he was mad at me?", Aaliyah asked.

"I dont know Aaliyah", Carmen replied.

"Oh...okay", Aaliyah said. "Go back to sleep"

"I didn't mean to sound rude if I did", Carmen said.

"No. You good, I just know you need some rest", Aaliyah said before she started to walk outside.

When she stepped outside, Dre pulled up.

Aaliyah walked to the car and Dre rolled down the window.

"Where were you?", Aaliyah asked.

"Not home", Dre replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Why are you talking to me like that?", Aaliyah asked.

"Because you asking me these questions and I don't feel like being questioned right now", Dre said.

Aaliyah made a face.

"I just came here to check on you", Dre said.

"You going back out?", Aaliyah asked.

"Yea", Dre said.

"And where are you going?", Aaliyah asked.

"Aaliyah listen here, I just told you I don't wanna be questioned right now. Please don't question me", Dre said. "Just know I'll be back"

"Is this about you thinking I'm cheating on you because if it is, I'm not for the last time", Aaliyah said.

"Bae, you'd be a damn fool to do that shit anyways. It's like commuting suicide. So yea I know you wouldn't do that shit if smart", Dre said.

"So why are you talking to me like this? And going places and I don't know where you're going?, Aaliyah asked.

Dre put his car in reverse and started backing out.

Aaliyah made a face.

Dre drove off.

Aaliyah walked back into the house.

"What happened to Andrea?", Aaliyah asked.

Carmen looked at her.

"What happened?", Aaliyah asked.

"...sex trafficking", Carmen said.

Aaliyah made a face. "What?", she asked.

"...we were too late", Carmen said.

Aaliyah sat down as she touched her chest.

"So that's why Dre is acting like that", Aaliyah said.

"Like what?", Carmen asked.

"Like I'm just some bitch he's fucking with", Aaliyah said.

"...this is the second child he couldn't protect...I guess it's hitting him really hard", Carmen said.

"Oh my God. Andrea", Aaliyah said before she started crying. "I knew it was something bad but I didn't know it was that bad"

Carmen looked down.

Aaliyah wiped her tears and stood up.

"Everything has been so good for me, for the first time I felt good. Normal", Aaliyah said.  "But I guess nothing can never be perfect"

Carmen stood up.

"We'll get her back. Things happen but at the end of the day it always ends good for the most part right?", Carmen asked.

"I don't wanna hear that. The other thing I wanna hear is my daughters voice. And see her face", Aaliyah said.

Carmen sighed.

"I need a drink", Aaliyah said as she walked to the kitchen.

"Aaliyah, you've been doing good. Don't start now", Carmen said.

Aaliyah stopped walking and turned to Carmen.

"My daughter is about to turn into some sex slave, my husband isn't even acting like a husband right now and my oldest daughter wants to move to New York with her dad because she probably hates me...don't tell me what I don't need", Aaliyah said.

"I just wanna help you Aaliyah", Carmen said.

"I don't need any help alright. What I need is things back to how they were but I can't get that right?"  Aaliyah asked. "I can never get what I want right"

Carmen looked to the side.

"I just wanna be alone", Aaliyah said before she walked into the kitchen.

Carmen shook her head and sat down.

TO BE CONTINUED....
Sorry for the really short chapter. I just wanted to add this part before I went to sleep.