15

surprised was an understatement, shocked was an honest opinion towards the situation that your mother had spilt onto you, were you expecting your mother to announce to you she was once an addict, a woman who loved a woman, and a girl who felt so alone, you were not expecting any of it.

"So who's lily?" You asked, ignoring the part of her being a drug addict, "lily evans, or you may know her as lily Potter, she was gorgeous, green eyes that sparkled with love and life, a smile that was from ear to ear, a voice laced with sugar and honey. sweeter than sugar actually. but then she met James, and she was no longer mine, she never belonged to me but in my own world, lily was mine." Your mother wiped away a tear that rolled down her face, and you felt sad for the woman in front of you.

"And I know you're thinking, what am I supposed to do with this information mom, but honey there is hope, there is love out there that will allow you to stop yourself from all the bad." Your mother gave you a weak smile, her emotions were too much to bare, "but that's the thing mom, I don't love anyone." You stood upright now, staring at your mother as the medication began to set inside of your system you were slowly slipping into your world you called home

"You will though, you will find a love that is perfect for you, you see my darling. love is like building a home from scratch, it comes with many mistakes, failures and success, you must create the four walls, but you must be careful because one mistake can tear those four walls down and you have to restart the process, you will be upset, you will be furious because your walls will be broken down, but that doesn't mean that it's the end, it only means that you didn't put your heart into it." She spoke with honesty and admiration as she stared at you.

"Once you've got your walls up and wonderful, you began to fix the floors, the floors is a tricky process, because you don't want to fall harder than you can handle, your walls are your trust, but your floor is your break through. You must think to yourself, is this stable? is this worth it the effort and hard work to build this house and call it home." You listened to the woman speak her heart out, even though she's told you she don't love your father the way he loves her, instead she fears him.

"Your floors are to be fixed perfectly, the floors must be stable, filled with concrete at the bottom. the concrete is your heart, you mustn't allow yourself to break the concrete, then you will lose your ground, and everything will crumble, the interior decorating is simple, and easy. that's when the two of you create a bond unbreakable that you two shall love each other until the rest of your lives, and that house you built with the person you wish to be, will be your home, your safe place. your garden filled with lilies, daisies and roses." And you agreed, but your city wasn't a garden, it was a city filled with all your desires, a palace you roamed around.

"How do I find my love whom I build my house with?" You asked, rubbing your palm over your mother's forearm as she quietly sobbed, the tears unable to stop, she longed for that love and she will never get it. "To find the man or woman who shows you most desire, will treat you the way they wish to be treated, will push you to the road of recovery and redemption darling. someone who wants to help you not condemn you for who you are." She sighed as she removed herself from your bed, "I have to speak to your father, but I will be back soon." She was gone in a few seconds but you needed to be alone.

well y/n l/n, what are you thinking of right now? Or should I say, who are you thinking of. well your mind wandered to a familiar blonde boy, could he be the person you build a home with, decorate your interior, and call it your own home? he possibly couldn't, he shamed you for who you are, he doesn't want to be with you, he just likes you because you're gullible, because you're easy. because you're so constantly wrecked out of your brain that you don't care about anyone.

Your father was going to kick you out of his home, and you definitely knew it. but was your mother really in love with Harry potter's mother? was that something usual you see every day, absolutely not. would you accept it to the full extents, absolutely. love is love and no one can tell you the difference in that, no matter the gender, no matter the sexual orientation, love is love.