09.| We're Gonna Need a Spotlight

En başından başla

Lucas groaned. "You were supposed to stay in the room. Ric, these are my parents, Aka—"

"Lucifer and Eve," Dorian said in a low voice in total shock. "Woah."

Lucas nodded. "Yeah, you can drool over my mother later. How about we go check out what monster we've got now."

Hope nodded before grabbed a weapon and walking out of the school. Behind her followed the rest of the group. As they were walking Hope took a glance at Alaric's and made a face.

"I know this is important, but you couldn't have put pants on first?"

Alaric unbothered by Hope continued to walk. "It's a little early for snark, Hope."

Dorian clearly annoyed with the two made a comment as well. "Any guesses on what famous monster crol filmland we get to slay today?"

"I hope it's a phoenix." Lucas shrugged

The group gave him a weird look.

"You're a Nephilim and you want a meet a phoenix?" Lucifer scoffed

Lucas rolled his eyes. "Well, it'd be the most realistic thing out of what we've slayed. so yes. I want to meet a phoenix."

The group stopped in their track when they heard a horse sputter.

"False alarm." Dorian chuckled. "It's just a horse."

The group all took a closer look and continued to walk up to the animal.

"Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell," Alaric said as he continued to walk

Hope narrowed her eyes at the animal. "Except we don't have a white horse."

That's when the 'horse' turned around and revealed that it wasn't a regular horse.

"A unicorn? Really?" Lucifer said unimpressed

Lucas sighed before taking Alaric's crossbow and aiming it at the animal. Just as he was about to pull the trigger Hope stood in front blocking his view.

"Hey! Wait. Hold your fire."

Dorian shook his head. "It's a monster, Hope. It's here to take the artifact."

"You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn?" Hope exclaimed

"I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute," Dorian argued

Hope glanced at Lucas for some type of help.

Lucas took a deep breath in. "She's right. I mean it's trapped, and it won't go anywhere."

Alaric oddly glanced at Lucifer who shrugged.

"Fine. Fine. I guess they're right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be."

Dorian sighed. "Alright, well, I'll be on alert back in bed," he said before turning around and making his way back to the school with everyone else following behind.

Lucas glanced at Hope. "I'm going to go take my parents to their dorm, I'll see you tomorrow morning, okay?" he says before kissing her on the head and walking away.

Eve smiled widely at Hope. "Bye! It was nice to meet you!"

With that, the group made their way inside and got ready for bed.

Once morning came, Lucas was in the common room sitting down on the couch opposite from Landon and Rafael who seemed to be in an important conversation.