CH 46- My Broken Soul

Start from the beginning

One minute later, I hastily pull my truck in front of the beaten down house. Not caring, I park lopsided on the grass and rush out, leaving my door open. I feel Tank and Keith hot on my tail, as we sprint to the door. Right as we are about to reach the front porch I hear a deafening sound that I know would give me nightmares for the rest of my life. 

*BANG*

"AHHHHH!"

*BANG*

We are momentarily frozen, until my mind catches up with what I just heard. That was two gunshots, along with a woman screaming. 

Lainey!

"NOOOOO." I yell out. 

Not wasting a second, I sprint even faster to the porch. When I get there, I lift my leg and swiftly kick down the front door. Guns up, we breach the house and enter into the living room. The first thing I see is a red light flickering near the fireplace and a small illumination by a tableside lamp. I quickly flip a wall switch and am faced with my worst fear come to life. 

Dorian is crumpled on the ground, with a long knife sticking out of his stomach. Across the way, Lainey is lying in a pool of blood, her body pale and her chest heaving. I quickly run over and kneel next to her. I want to take her in my arms, but I don't know her injuries yet. 

I do a quick scan of her body. She's badly bruised and has a gash on her forehead. Her wrists and ankles are raw and bloodied. I can see two holes in her jeans, with blood leaking from them. I realize that those are stab wounds, but they don't seem to be the cause of her paling form. 

No, we heard the cause happen.

In her right shoulder is a small bullet hole. It looks clean through but she's bleeding badly. Her stomach is much worse. There is another bullet hole, but upon further inspection, I see no exit wound. My extra football jersey she wears to every game, is stained a deep red, and the spot seems to keep expanding. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Keith's horrified voice. 

"Oh my god. Laine!" He rushes over and takes a similar position to mine. I quickly pull my hoodie off and place it on her bleeding stomach while he does the same on her shoulder. 

"Shoulder went straight through, but I think the one in her stomach is still there." I alert him shakily. He nods his head and faces to something behind me.

"Tank?" He asks.

"He's alive." Tank replies gruffly. 

He's alive. 

Suddenly all I see is red and I'm standing up without realizing it. I push Tank out of the way, grab Dorian by his shirt, and push him against the wall. He groans in pain from the blade and his eyes shoot to mine. Seeing me, he puts on a slight smirk and I lose it. 

I punch him repeatedly, as hard as I can, and watch as his face becomes a bloody mess. I see nothing but my fist hitting his face and continue to pummel him until he falls to the ground. I go to stand over him but am pulled back by Tank. 

"Get the hell off me, Johnny. I'm going to kill that motherfucker." I spit out, trying my best to get past him. He just keeps his hold on me and doesn't let up. 

"Chill out OC. Your girl needs you." He says, but all I can think about is killing the bastard that hurt my girl, so I continue to try and pry myself from his grasp.

"Nathan. Get over here, NOW!" Keith yells at me, still I process nothing. I maintain my struggle until a soft whisper hits my ears. 

"Nate, please." I turn to a sickly looking Lainey, staring at me. I quickly push Tank away, run to her side and take her hand.