II: No Good, Very Bad Day

Severus "Snivellus" Snape was having a no good, very bad day. Then again, every day was exactly the same in Severus's eyes. Wake up. Eat breakfast in the Great Hall. Go to morning classes and get teased by Potter's squad when Lilly isn't looking. Eat lunch with Lilly while her friends give dirty looks when she isn't looking. Go to afternoon classes and get tormented by Potter's squad again when Lilly isn't looking. Go to dinner alone. Stay in the common room and get bullied by fellow Slytherins where Lilly is nonexistent.

It didn't help that despised Snivellus was hanging out with popular Lilly. According to some unrecorded rules, sections on the social ladder were not to mix, and Severus was on the very bottom, the Slytherin kid with oily hair, smelly robes, and an absent father. This ladder was different from each persons' perspective, and oily-haired Snape was on the bottom of almost every single one.

The situation seemed to be hopeless. The best Lilly's influence could give Severus was being ignored, and that was only when she was in the room. The moment she turned her back, he was attacked from all sides.

Everything had gone downhill after the OWL exams.

"Let him down!"

"Certainly."

Severus tried to get up but-

"Locomotor Mortis!"

Severus became rigid as a board.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

"Ah, Evans, don't make me hex you."

"Take the curse off him, then!"

"There you go, you're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus-"

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!"

No.

No. No no no no no. Stupid bloody word. Stupid stupid stupid stupid Severus. Bloody slip of mouth. Why oh why oh why did that word have to exist.

I just insulted my only true friend.

Later that night, Snape tried to take it back.

"But you call everyone of my birth Mudblood, Severus. Why should I be any different?"

It was a fruitless task.

Now, Severus was tormented every single moment of every single day, making life literal hell. He started to eat his meals in the bathroom, and avoided meeting people of any kind at all. Sometimes, during the worst days, Severus skipped his lessons. He got detention, but, he was smart enough to keep his grades at perfect "O"s. One time, Severus had the same detention with the Potter squad, and needless to say, he stopped skipping classes after that.

Snape wanted to transfer to Drumstrang in the north, or even the far-away American Ilvermorny, but that would only give Potter the satisfaction of calling him a coward. Cowards didn't run away. Who am I, a Gryffindor? Snape thought to himself while debating the idea. I'm just an "evil" Slytherin. Perhaps the reason why all bad witches and wizards were there was because all the stupid resentment and bloody prejudice made them crack.

Severus was so absorbed in his thoughts, mentally writing an essay on the topic, that he almost didn't notice a boy of his age fall on him from the sky, while Snape was heading to Charms.

Parchment, textbooks, and quills went flying everywhere. "Where the bloody hell did you come from?" Severus angrily demanded, assuming this was one of the Potter squad's pranks.

The boy in question looked up, groggy and annoyed. "Gods, please don't tell me I landed in Albania again."

Severus peered through his oily hair at the scrawny boy. "Are you thick? If you were in Albania, I would be speaking Albanian to you, is that not correct?"