Chapter 6

The two ninjas didn't rush their way back to the Monastery. New Ninjago City was beautiful at night. Well according to Cole anyways. He enjoys the lights and the flashes from the cars that drove across the highways.  The aroma of freshly baked goods and foods from restaurants and the Earth Ninja's favorite bakery he'd visit multiple times. The stars weren't visible often in the darkened sky. Stars don't appear as much from the lights in Ninjago City. Which did upset Cole ever so slightly. He enjoyed the stars. They were so pretty in Cole's opinion. If he was allowed he'd spend all night just laying on the concrete outside the Monastery starring at the stars. 

Sadly the Earth Elemental had to keep up with his usual sleep schedule. Mostly for the duties of a Ninja and a protector of Ninjago. He couldn't go slacking off falling asleep during fights or dare ruin his sleep schedule he finally got back intact after a while of it ruined. The landing of Zane's elemental dragon caught the boy off guard. Cole was riding on the dragon behind Zane with his arms wrapped secured around the Ice Elemental's waist. 

"Did that scare you?" Zane hummed as both he and Cole jumped off the ice dragon. Zane must've noticed him jump a bit from the landing. Cole let out a soft chuckle. "Of course not Pinky, just got caught off guard," Cole chuckled a slight blush appearing on his cheeks. Zane noticed that his boyfriend used his old nickname Cole had given him from Lloyd's prank. The Ice Ninja was quite annoyed that the pink gi had come in handy hiding the boy from the Serpentine they had defeated not too long ago. 

The two finally made their way back inside the Monastery. Most lights were off in the Monastery except the one in the Game room and a few in the hallways. The two elemental masters could hear the laughing and playful banter that escaped from who it seemed to be Jay and Lloyd. Zane and Cole walked down the hallway where the Ninja's rooms were. The two went their separate ways to their own room. 

Cole closed the door behind himself with a soft sigh. He was glad to be home. Also slightly annoyed in a way. He didn't want to leave the park, but it was going to happen soon and he didn't want to keep Zane there too long. Cole gently took off his attire and grabbed the pajamas that he was going to be wearing to bed. The pajamas consist of just regular dark blue sweat pants and a black T-Shirt. Nothing fancy, just comfy. 

Cole sighed in the comfort of the new not tight clothing. He slid open his door and closed it back behind him. The Earth Ninja easily knocked on Zane's door alerting the boy in white. "Come in." That was all that Zane said from inside the room. Cole put a small smile on his face as he slid open the door to see Zane calmly reading a book on his bed. Cole didn't take any interest in the book Zane was reading. 

Zane seemed really interested in the book he barely took notice of Cole entering his room. Cole gently sat on the edge of Zane's bed with a soft smile. Zane continued to read his book but did notice the slight dip at the edge of the white bed. He didn't pay any mind until he felt the warmth of Cole gently laying between Zane's parted legs Cole's chest on top of the Ice Elemental's stomach. Zane however, was mostly distracted from his book by Cole gently placing his head on Zane's chest. 

Zane finally took notice of his Earth Elemental boyfriend that laid comfortable on top of him. Zane took a mental note of what page he was on and disregarded his book towards the side.  The two laid in comfortable silence. An aroma of peace and calmness radiated off the white ninja. After some time Cole shifted his arms underneath Zane's waist moving it upwards. Cole's arm pressed comfortably against the pillow that sat behind Zane. 

Zane uses both hands to comb through Cole's thick raven-colored hair. Cole let out a small sigh of comfort listening to the humming noise of Zane's artificial heart. "What's with the sudden cuddling?" Zane piped up softly continuing to mess with Coles messy curls in his hair. Cole let out a small hum. "I dunno I felt like cuddling," Cole said closing his eyes. If Zane didn't keep up a conversation Cole was most definitely going to fall asleep on top of Zane. 

Although Zane didn't mind much of the outcome. He would just continue to read his book while his boyfriend slept soundly on his chest cuddling into him. You'd think that it wouldn't be too comfortable since Zane was made out of metal, but it was the opposite for Cole. Cole was genuinely comfortable cuddling into Zane's chest. 

Zane let out a small hum in confirming Cole's reasons. The Earth Ninja continued to cuddle into the Ice Elemental as he read his book he's been trying to finish for the past few days. Usually from Zane's quick reading, he'd get a book finished in less than three days. Though this book was a little longer than the ones he picked up and with the new's he just retrieved from Pixal he disregarded reading for awhile which held him back on his book. 

Zane's reading was interrupted by soft snores. Zane confirmed that the Earth Ninja had finally fallen asleep snuggling into the Ice Elemental. Zane let out a soft smile towards his sleeping boyfriend and placed a small kiss on his forehead and continued on reading his book he had retrieved from the Library. 

Nothing really happened in this chapter, but I swear we are going to get to the spicy stuff soon! PROMISE :D