Part 31: A Brothers Duty

Začít od začátku

"Okay... I suppose it's lab rat time?" Logan mumbled causing Hange's face to light up, excited at the possibility of having another titan shifter. She quickly nodded, standing up from the table and saluting the other soldiers before leaving the room, Logan, and Arthur flanking her.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Hange and Arthur stood a few feet away as they waited for Logan to try to transform. Logan sighed as he looked down to his hand, bringing it up to his mouth. He looked over to the two adults who nodded, urging him to go on. The boy closed his eyes before biting down on his hand, a loud crack of thunder shooting through the air. Yellow illuminated the sky as the two adults covered their eyes, the blinding light lasting a few seconds.

Logan's screams flew throughout the air, feeling as if he was getting a sword through his chest, the muscles and skin tearing on his back. It was some of the most immense pain he'd ever felt in his life. Within a few seconds, the pain went away, even if it felt like a lifetime.

"Well, I'll be damned..." Arthur mumbled as he spotted the panting boy who was now kneeling. He panted on the ground, a single, long wing stretching out of his back. He took a deep breath before standing up. He couldn't see the wing protruding from his back, but he knew it was there.

"Oh my god! DO YOU TWO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE CAN TRAVEL ANYWHERE AT TRIPLE THE SPEED!" Hange yelled in victory, which Logan didn't acknowledge. His eyes were rolled back into the back of his skull, knowledge of the titan he was now wielding flying through his mind. He quickly came back to reality, letting his wing flap upwards to propel him into the air a tiny bit, the hovering was unstable and clearly not trained, the potential was there.

Logan let his body land, feeling the wing folding back into his body. He grunted as the skin parted to allow the wing to re-enter his body.

"Yeah... Yeah we could, couldn't we?" Logan asked, his mind stuck on one idea. He looked up at his brother, Arthur already having the same idea. They both knew that the mission the scouts were going on would be the most dangerous one that they had ever gone on. Maybe, with Logan's new power and Arthurs already strong claws and ODM skills, they could avoid the potential death entirely, by doing it themselves.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Logan laughed loudly as he watched Sasha bite into the whole pound of meat. He nearly started crying with laughter at the sight of Connie holding her back and Jean trying to take the meat away, finally successfully getting it away before she took a bite onto Jeans hand.

"Should we help them?" Eren asked, a light chuckle in his voice. Logan threw his arm over his shoulders before shaking his head and taking a bite of his own peace of meat.

"Let the animals fight. They'll work it out." Logan teased causing Eren to laugh loudly, eating more of his food. The couple sat there, making small talk and jokes as they ate. Logan tried his best to be his normal self, but he knew that he would be leaving soon, he could even die.

"Hey, babe?" Logan asked out, letting a sigh come through his nose. Eren looked to him, his smile slightly faltering at the sight of his boyfriends conflicted face. This was a time where they should be relaxing, not one where they were worried as they always were.

"Hmm?" Eren asked, taking a bite of his food again.

"I'm gonna have to leave a little early. Arthur and I, we have something to do. But I'm gonna see you tomorrow, okay?" Logan asked, taking a final bite of the food before pushing his plate towards Sasha, allowing her to have the food. She thanked him before scarfing down the food.