HIDE AND SEEK

"Last chance."

Maia spread her arms out in a surrendering gesture. She waited for a response as the pack lined up in a defensive position.

"Give me Roan and I'll leave."

"You'll kill him."

"True," she shrugged, "But at least he deserves it."

Scott stepped up, "You'll have to get through us first."

A smirk instantly appeared on her face. She even relaxed at the challenge.

"Fair enough."

Scott wasted no time in attacking. His claws flicked out and he bared his sharp teeth. His eyes glowed red in aggressiveness.

But Maia barely changed. She didn't even need to shift to be able to beat him. Once he was close enough, she threw him to the side.

Lia growled and rushed in to help his alpha. His bravery was short lived as she caught him by the throat. She tossed him to the opposite side, watching as his head hit the concrete.

Kira and Malia tensed, the former drawing her sword. Argent loaded his crossbow and held it up in her direction.

Derek turned to the remaining pair, "Get Roan out of here."

Stiles and Lydia nodded and ran down to the cells, leaving the rest of them to fight her.

Malia courageously ran forward, slashing down at the girl's face. But Maia ducked and grabbed her arm, holding it in place before kicking Malia away. She landed beside Kira's feet.

Derek reluctantly took his turn. He tried to get around her to throw her off, but she moved with his every step. She adjusted to his fighting patterns. The nogitsune used Maia's knowledge of Derek to beat him at his own game.

He eventually got his claws to scrape against her side. But that was all he did. It wasn't long before he felt guilty enough to distract himself. She used his emotions against him and tossed his body next to Scott's.

The kitsune looked down in worry before hefting her sword. She jumped towards Maia, raising the weapon to strike.

She slashed Maia's shoulder, resulting in a growl of pain. The alpha's eyes flickered between red and black. The change was enough to make Kira falter in fear.

Maia took that time to grab the hilt of the sword from her and break it away from her grasp. Kira gasped as her weapon was stolen from her hands.

She stumbled back in shock. Maia reveled in the expression, feeling her ego grow.

She drew the weapon down across the girl's torso, slashing her skin. Kira cried out in pain as she fell beside Malia.

She expertly twirled the sword, stepping closer to the kitsune. The dark spirit inside of her wanted the fox gone, even if Maia had to be the one to kill her.

But as she moved closer, an arrow was shot at her. Acting on reflex, she brought the sword up to deflect the blow, cutting the arrow in half before it could hit her.

She turned her glare to Argent. He was hurriedly trying to reload his weapon, watching with wide eyes as she walked to him.

He shot another arrow as he backed away. She deflected it again with a simple wave of the sword. He muttered in frustration as the crossbow became too much work.

He tossed it to the side and pulled out a handgun from behind his back. He rapidly shot at her, each bullet deflecting off the metal of her blade.