METHODS AND DEALS

"Scott, no!"

"Stiles, yes!"

"No!"

"I don't have a choice!" Scott argued.

He tightened his grip on the straps of his backpack as the pair walked down the hallway. They passed by other students who were rushing to go home.

Stiles pulled on his friend's arm to get him to stop, "Anyone would be a better choice than her! Peter would be a better choice! Okay? And that's coming from me."

"You heard her, Stiles. She said we would need her and we do."

"She's a liar! Not to mention, I giant pain in the ass!" he groaned, "I swear to God, the next time she does that hot little villain wave thing or smirks at me one more time, I don't know if I'm gonna kiss her or shove her down a ravine."

Scott sent him a quizzically look. The Stilinski could feel the judgement so he refocused.

"Besides, you're a true alpha! You can handle a rogue wolf!"

They both pushed through the doors, walking down to where the parking lot was.

"Look, it's not just a rogue wolf. It has to be an alpha. The Sheriff found a whole bus filled with dead people," Scott stated, "If the wolf can do that, then they're dangerous."

"What if Maia did that?" Stiles questioned rhetorically, "What if we already have the murderer in our hands?"

"We don't...I just know it."

Stiles tried to argue more but both of their backpacks were pulled back. Their feet abruptly stopped and they shot back to where the bags were held.

Coach shoved his head between the pairs faces, "Where do you two think you're going?"

"Uh...home?" Scott guessed.

"Wrong!" he shouted. They both flinched as he yelled into their ears, "We've got practice for the game with Devenford on Friday."

"Oh come on, Coach," Stiles whined, "We're gonna lose anyway. Can't we just miss one practice?"

"Are you a loser, Stilinski?" he asked lowly. The hand clasped around his shoulder tightened, "Are you?"

"N-no, I don't think so."

"Because losers don't talk like that!"

Both boys flinched at the shout.

"Losers don't whine about practice!" Coach continued, "Losers are people who sit on the bench and annoy me!"

A specific person passed by the trio at the time. Coach pointed to them as an example, "I'm talking about you Greenberg."

The poor kid kept walking, hanging his head to avoid any further insults.

"But Coach...I do sit on the bench," Stiles reminded.

"Then be the team cheerleader for all I care. But no one skips practice!"

He blew his whistled loudly. The shrill sound pierced everyone's ears. When the noise died down, Coach huffed and stormed off.

The pair turned to each other with annoyed looks.

"We talk to her after practice," Scott stated, "That's the plan."

He trudged after Coach, leaving his friend to grumble in frustration behind him.

"This is why your plans suck!"

-

After practice, Scott and Stiles went to check in on how Argent and Derek were doing. They had been assigned to watch and interrogate Maia. The interrogation didn't happen until the Sheriff had texted them in the morning about the bus full of dead bodies.