MISS ALPHA

"Find anything?"

"You asked me an hour ago and all I've done since then is go to my chemistry class," Liam muttered.

"Don't you remember the vivid threat I gave you?"

"Oh, I remember it very clearly since you had me pinned against the lockers!"

"Okay!" Scott interrupted. The two werewolves glared at each other before turning their attention back to Scott.

The other alpha nodded at the eldest pair, "Did you guys find anything new when you revisited the campsite?"

Derek shook his head, "No new tracks or scents."

"I told you already. We disturbed his territory and now he'll make a new one," Maia stated.

"Which means more dead bodies," Stiles added.

She nodded in agreement.

A shrill whistle came from the bench near them, making them all flinch at the noise. Coach called all players to come together for a team talk.

"Coach is about to make us all do suicide runs so you're gonna see a bunch of dead bodies soon enough," Stiles muttered.

The boys and Kira all put their equipment down before jogging over to the team. Lydia, Malia, Derek, and Maia were left on the bleachers with Stiles' bag of evidence.

"Did you guys search the car after the wreck?" Malia asked.

Derek shook his head, "The police were there too fast. We didn't get a chance to see anything before they closed off the scene."

"The sheriff has all the evidence at the station," Lydia stated, "We can go after practice."

Another boy came running up to them. Books were stacked in his arms until they reached his chin. He messily stumbled closer, dropping the books onto the bleachers. They clanged loudly but his panting was louder.

He gulped for breath before starting his rant, "Okay so Liam told me that some psycho alpha attacked him in the halls. After that, he was pretty much scared to death so I did that research you guys asked me for."

He finally looked up at the group. Everyone except for Maia awkwardly bowed their heads in embarrassment for the boy.

The boy finally noticed her presence and pointed it out, "Who are you?"

She smiled and waved in greeting, "I'm the psycho alpha."

His eyes went wide and she could hear his heartbeat rise. He clumsily shoved the books in her direction, trying to make up for his words.

"Sorry, M-Miss alpha," he stuttered.

Maia let out a short laugh at the name. She didn't noticed that Derek's eyes twinkled with happiness at the sound.

Lydia patted the boy's shoulder gently, "Mason, this is Maia."

He tried to be polite and shake her hand but she ignored it. She focused her attention on the books he brought.

"What's this?" she asked.

"Oh! It's everything the library has on ancient talismans. And a few stuff printed off the computer," he informed, "I don't know what the talisman does exactly so it's not really specific but it's better than nothing."