Chapter Eighteen: The East Wing

"Is it just me or does this place seem a lot scarier when it's deserted?" I asked Bloom as we wandered through the east wing. It was dark and dusty and our footsteps echoed as we walked through the halls. "Do you remember where this room was?"
"I think... it was this one." Bloom told me as she reached forward to open the door only for it to be slammed shut again.

Me and Bloom gasped and jumped back as we looked at Sky. "What are you doing down here?" He asked us.
"If you must know, I'm trying to find something out about my parents." Bloom said. "Aisha seems to think that maybe my mum was a student and this woman from my vision, the headmistress at the time, helped her out."
"So, if you could step out of our way." I added before gently pushing the boy aside and smiling. Sky nodded and me and Bloom entered the room before we immediately started digging through files and photographs.
"So... what's the magic year?" Sky questioned.
"I was born in 2004 so keep your eyes peeled for anything from then." Bloom told him.
"I'm not sure we're gonna find pictures of pregnant teen fairies, Bloom."
"It might be a little more subtle that that, like loose clothes, big sweaters, a girl holding a stack of books over her stomach."

As Bloom and Sky began to subtlety flirt with each other, I found myself going through a box of old yearbooks. I found several from the years before Miss Dowling was a student and I began to look through the pages for anyone who could possibly be my mother. When I found I one, I walked into the next room where Sky and Bloom were. "And maybe one day, if I work hard enough, I can be half the warrior he was." Sky said, mimicking Saul's accent.
"Cute." I said, sarcastically. "Now, what do you think?" I asked as I pointed to a picture of a girl in the yearbook. "She could be my mum right?"
"Erm..." Bloom began as she squinted her eyes. "I guess if look at it from an angle you have the same nose." She told me.
"This is pathetic." I frowned. "I'm never going to get anywhere by looking at pictures."
"Do you not have names?"
"I know their first names." I sighed. "Tegan and Jace."
"What about their last names? Is it not the same as yours?"
"Farah legally adopted me when they died. My last name isn't the same as theirs."
"That's all she gave you?"
"That's all anyone gave me." I sighed as I closed the yearbook and put it down on the side.

"Looks like we're not the only ones up to no good." We all turned to see Beatrix and Riven standing in the doorway.
"Oh, great." I said. "Company."
"Have you really been down here looking at all this rubbish?" Riven asked.
"People who think history is rubbish are rubbish." Beatrix told him. "Don't be rubbish."

Me and Bloom started to walk to the next room with Sky, Riven and Beatrix behind us. "Ooh, I love locked doors." Riven grinned as he failed to open a door. "I wonder what's back here."
"I don't know. But Silva's the only one with the key." Sky told him.
"So then how do we get in?" Bloom asked.
"We don't."
"But there may be stuff down there. That's the reason we came down here."
"The next time I see Silva, I'll ask him."
"Sky-"
"The more you say no, the more she wants it. Give in." Riven told him.
"Shut up." I scoffed.
"Why are you guys down here?" Bloom then asked Riven and Beatrix.
"Being on your side." Beatrix claimed.
"Yeah, well, none of us need help from someone who posted a video mocking our friend." I told her. 
"Look, I know the video was extra but I didn't say anything. I was a bystander." I scoffed. "If you really want to be mad at one of us, consider the douchebag who's been telling everyone you're a changeling."
"That was you?" I asked Riven.
"Not exactly the way I thought you'd screw me today, Bea." Riven frowned.
"Is that true?" Sky then asked him.
"Yeah. Look, if Saint Sky is about to start lecture time, I'm out." Riven said before walking out of the building.
"Sky, it's okay." Bloom said.
"No. No, it's not." Sky told her before following the other boy. I then looked from Beatrix to Bloom and sighed.
"I should probably- yeah, I'm gonna-" I said, pointing at the door before I left Bloom alone with Beatrix.

"You're running from me?" Sky asked Riven as I stopped walking.
"Fine." Riven said before stopping and turning to Sky. "I stand ready to hear what a shit I am." He told him.
"You are. You've always been. But ever since-"
"Ever since what exactly?" Riven questioned. "No. Go on. I can't wait to hear."
"Okay, fine. You've upped your dick game a whole new level since you started shagging Beatrix-" Sky said, loudly.
"You have no idea." Riven smiled.
"Take something seriously, Riven."
"I am, Sky. I like Beatrix. She's the only person in this damn school who likes me as is."
"You know that's not true." Sky told him. "What does that make me?"
"The guy who thinks he's better than me."
"What about Eira? What does it make her?" Riven looked passed Sky for a second and frowned when he saw me watching them.
"Why are you up in my face about this?" Riven questioned, changing the subject. "You're the one with the girlfriend. Maybe you should stop creeping on first hears while you've got Little Miss Princess dangling."
"That is not what's going on."
"You sure? Cause that's what everyone else sees. Including Stella." Riven said. "And honestly, it's probably why she told me Bloom was a changeling in the first place."

Riven began to rush off and Sky turned around frustrated. "Maybe he has a point." I frowned.
"About what, Eira?"
"You and Bloom." I said. "I'm all for it, Sky, but there's no need to hurt Stella. No one deserves that. Not even her." I then started to walk in the same direction as Riven.
"Where the fuck are you going?"
"I don't know." I said. "I think I'm gonna take a walk."
"It's not like that." Sky shouted. "Eira, just wait. Please. Let me explain." I scoffed and turned back to him.
"What, Sky?"
"You have to promise me you won't tell anyone. Especially not Bloom." He told me.
"Okay." I said.
"Promise me."
"I promise. Now what is it?"
"I followed you here." He told me.
"That's it? That's your big secret?"
"No, Silva asked me to keep an eye on Bloom so when I saw you two leaving the assembly, I followed you?"
"Why the hell would he ask you to do that?" I questioned.