27

Did I stop Running? no. I kept on running for who knows how long now. At this worthless state, I am in, it's the only thing I can do.

With the one destination set in my mind. I had a new surge of determination. I gathered my thoughts and sprinted as hard and fast as I can. All the irrelevant thoughts vanished into thin air. With only one thing blaring in my head,

'The dock is probably the only solution to all your problems. Why would he have done what he did if it didn't work? right?'

At the newly imprinted memory of him, I felt like collapsing in the middle of the street.

'Why are you such a disgusting little whore. You can't even do this? Why are you even alive'

I hadn't heard that voice in so many ears. I thought I had gone insane, a thin layer of sweat covered my nape. I clenched my eyes in the hope to stop listening. Yet it was still loud and clear.

'You're just like that worthless little bitch. Can't do anything but sit pretty and let everyone take the blame for you.'

I screamed in anguish using the little air I had left in my throat. I finally made it over the bridge and was now on the other side of the river we came from.

I stopped at the intersection between the bridge and the other road. I couldn't feel my legs, and the coldness of the night wasn't making it any better.