Chapter 3. Out of the Ordinary

Start from the beginning

"... don't think that's such a good idea, man." I heard the unmistakable voice of Luke, say to the mystery person.

A chuckle escaped someone's lips, and I found a cold shiver racing down my spine. "Come on, Luke. Out of everyone, I thought it'd be you who would be the most satisfied with my plan." A familiar voice replied.

"Dude, that's way too cruel-"

"Since when have you cared about cruelty?"

"It doesn't matter. She's just a weak, little girl. It'd be too risky." Luke said.

"No it won't. She doesn't even talk, so we have no reason to fear her telling anybody. Besides, she won't even see us. What could possibly go wrong?"

"You don't fucking gang rape someone, Coleman!"

A small gasp left my lips when I realized who Luke was talking to, and who they were talking about: me. Nathan Coleman was probably right underneath Luke in the dangerous department. He was the cocky, inconsiderate, evil man everyone feared him to be. But I always thought Nathan was more dangerous than Luke would ever be. To be honest, I was more scared of Nathan then Luke. But that was natural, considering that Luke only spit out careless words, whereas, Nathan loved to see his victims in pain. Every chance Nathan got, he would use to hurt me.

I have no doubt that it was Nathan who punched me four days ago, on Friday. Luke just didn't have the capability to harm a woman. Though I knew that Luke didn't have a problem with putting me down verbally, he just wasn't the type of person to hurt anyone who didn't anger him. I didn't do anything wrong, but I wasn't complaining that the only thing he did was verbally abuse me. It was better than physical abuse, anyways.

"... could go wrong?" I heard the end of Nathan's sentence, and bile formed in the pit of my stomach at the thought of being molested by several, drunk, dirty teenagers in one night. I always knew that Nathan was a dark and dangerous man, but I never knew he could be this demented and cruel.

"A lot of things could go wrong, dumbass! What if she gets pregnant? What if finds out it was you? What if things go wrong and you end up killing her? Better yet, what happens if she survives this... but then kills herself?! Come on, man! That's fucking sick! Pulling a prank on her is one thing, but taking away her virginity is a whole other topic! You just don't do that!" Luke whisper-shouted, his voice verging on disgust.

I could practically see Nathan's lips curling into a devious smirk. "It would be her problem if she got pregnant, she won't find out, no one will believe her, we won't kill her, and if she kills herself then oh well. Her decision. I was only informing you of this. I wasn't asking for your blessing." Nathan chuckled.

I gulped back, cold fear beginning to grip at my heart as I realized the truth behind Nathan's words. I felt my lips begin to quiver, and my eyes burned with unshed tears that I wouldn't allow to fall. I was scared. I was deathly afraid of what Nathan could do, and the promise behind his voice.

"I will not let you hurt her like that, Coleman. Not even the cruelest person on Earth deserves what you want to do to her!" Luke bit out in anger.

I knew I should've just kept walking to my class. The bell had rang long ago, but I couldn't bring myself to care. My body felt frozen. It felt as if a sudden iciness was gripping at my very soul, keeping me from moving any part of my body. My books were clutched against my chest, my legs like jelly, feeling immobile. I could feel the color beginning to drain from my face, leaving a pale, sickly color in its place.

"Oh stop being such a wuss, Carter. Anyways, I gotta go. Catch ya later." Nathan called, before I heard his footsteps retreat to the opposite direction I was in.

I gulped back the burning in my throat, and I began to feel my body coming back to me. The same fear still gripped at my harsh beating heart, but I knew I had to get going before Luke found me. Then Hell would definitely break loose.

My hands started to shake uncontrollably, as I scurried into the girl's bathroom. Thankfully, no one was in the bathroom, so I set my books down and gripped the granite counter with tight fists. My hands turned white as a ghost, while my lips quivered on their own accord. I knew this feeling all too well, it was the same feeling I had when I was in the hospital, recovering from the bullet wound, and the doctors broke the news to me.

Suddenly I began to hyperventilate. My breaths came out in short, quick pants as I tried to take in as much oxygen as I possibly could. But it was no use.

I was reliving everything a second time. The pain was coming back harsher than ever and I found it hard to breathe with each passing second.

I was having a panic attack.

Dude to the side is the sick and twisted Nathan Coleman