Chapter 2: Stalker?

After school

Your POV

After a long day of gossiping pick-me girls, blatant frat boys, and nagging teachers, school was finally over. Students poured out the entrance doors and either took the bus, left with parents or friends, or walked home.

"Do you guys want to do something? Maybe catch some lunch?" Jisoo suggested to the 5 of us. Jungkook was strangely nowhere to be seen. He's been acting weird ever since that incident at the cafeteria. He kept on glaring at the boys but mostly at Hyunjin.

"Yeah! I'm free." Jimin answered enthusiastically as he put his arm around Sehun's neck.

"Me too," Nayeon added on.

Everyone agreed to lunch but I hadn't answered yet. They all looked at me, waiting for a response. I slightly frowned, knowing that I couldn't tag along.

"Sorry guys, I can't. I have to work..." I said with a bit of guilt. I had a part-time job at the convenience store because I wanted to save up for my college tuition. My dad doesn't support me in what I want to do and he'll only pay my tuition if I become a doctor or lawyer. I wanted to major in business and open up a bakery but my dad absolutely hated the idea. He says that I'll get nowhere in life.

"Aww, can't you join us afterwards?" Sehun asked while pouting.

I flashed a small smile. "I'm sorry guys but I'm going to have to catch a raincheck."

"Y/N!" I heard a happy call for my name and turned around to find my brother in front of his car, waving at me while grinning.

Everyone showered him with compliments as they passed by. My brother is a good-looking dude, I'm not gonna lie. Wherever we went together, many people would either ask for his number or give him business cards for modelling. At one point, it got really annoying.

I bid my goodbyes to my friends and headed over to Eunwoo's car. Oddly, I felt the intense stare of something or someone. It was an undesirable yet uncomfortable feeling but I decided to just shake it off.

"I told you that I'm working today, Eunwoo. I can walk there, you know." I said as I hugged him and playfully rolled my eyes.

"I know," he sighed. "I wanted to give you a ride. Is that so bad?" He uttered under his breath and pretended to be offended.

"No, it isn't. Thank you." I responded, intending to sound sarcastic.

Eunwoo dropped me off at the convenience store before departing. I changed into my uniform and started my shift a bit earlier than usual. As I refilled the variety of flavoured milk in the fridge, the same eerie feeling I got earlier suddenly returned. I felt like I was being watched. I slowly stopped and glanced around, hoping to catch any suspicious activity outside the store. However, I found nothing. I took a deep breath to push away my paranoia so that I could focus on work.

As it got closer to 5 o'clock, it was nearly time for me to go home. I was about to change out of my uniform when suddenly I got a call from my boss.

"Hello?" I greeted him sounding a little confused since he never calls me.

"Hello, Ms. Cha. The part-timer that was supposed to come after you for their shift suddenly got into an accident. Would you please cover for him? Just for a bit. Another part-timer will take over soon," he asked with desperation.

Without having the opportunity to respond, he suddenly exclaimed, "You're a superstar, Y/N!" and hung up.

I tiredly sighed and sat back down in my chair behind the counter.