Chapter 6: One-sided love.

YOUR POV

I woke up to the voice of a beautiful tune. Someone was singing. 

I opened my eyes and squinted them as they got used to the light. I was in an unfamiliar environment and my head hurt like hell. 

I took a moment to gather my thoughts. Then it hit me.

I was kidnapped.

"You're awake." A voice said, sounding relieved.

Jungkook walked in wearing nothing but grey sweatpants. Water droplets from his hair fell on his collarbones and slowly dripped down his well-defined abs. The sight was captivating but I needed serious explanations.

"You pretended to be a taxi driver and kidnapped me..." My statement sounded more like a question because of my unsure tone. 

"Kidnapping? That's a bit dramatic... " He was caught off guard by my bold statement. His discomfort was shown when he scratched the back of his head.

"It's kidnapping if  I'm here against my will." I sternly stated. 

Dramatic? This is a crime!

"Y/N..." Jungkook called softly as he stepped forward. I slightly shifted back.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

His eyebrows briefly furrowed and his expression showed as if he was in agony.

"Are you...afraid of me?" He reluctantly asked, judging from the way I reacted to his movement.

Jungkook shows up out of nowhere. Starts beef with my friends. Becomes hated by my brother. Is rumoured to be a murderer. Was found suspiciously at the park at night. Lies to me about a stupid committee. Becomes suspected by the police. And now faked being a taxi driver to bring me to an unknown location while I was unconscious.

The kind and gentle boy I thought I knew turned out to be a criminal.

How can I not be afraid?

I swallowed and didn't answer. Otherwise, he would've used my fear against me.

He frowned at me. 

He genuinely seemed upset.

"Come down to eat breakfast. I promise that I'll explain everything," he said and turned around to walk out.

"Are you serious? You want me to eat after this stunt you pulled?" I scoffed.

"Y/N..."

"Why did you do it? Why am I here?" I asked desperately. I needed answers.

Jungkook nervously bit his lip as he ruffled his hair.

"Because I like you," he answered.

I couldn't believe my ears.

He did all this for something so trivial?

"What?"

"I did it because I like you. But you liked Hyunjin. And your Brother doesn't like me. Nor do your friends...." he started. "And all these people would've negatively influenced your feelings and how you felt about me."

Huh?

"To answer your question, I brought you here so that you could tell me how you truly feel without the opinions of others..." Jungkook explained to clarify better.

This was the timidest I've ever seen him.

He couldn't look me in the eyes so he glued them to the ground. He couldn't stand still so he fiddled with his pockets and his voice was so soft that I felt like I was in the wrong.

Master Manipulator.

"You want to know how I truly feel?" I asked.

His eyes lit up with hope as he finally looked at me. I crossed my arms because that hope was about to disappear as quickly as it appeared.

I took a deep breath.

"I feel unsafe," I voiced. 

Jungkook's saddened expression returned.

"We hadn't known each other for long, so when I first heard those rumours, I didn't want to believe them without hearing it from you first," I explained as I slowly got out of the soft cotton sheets. 

Jungkook glued his eyes to me.

"But everything you did told me otherwise. You lied about the gardening committee. You kidnapped me. You broke the law and you broke my trust. You compromised my health while making me lose consciousness and all for a crush?" My tone became sterner as I stumbled towards him.

Jungkook listened intently but he also stood as if he was ready to catch me as soon as I fell.

I stopped and stood a foot away from him. Up this close, I could notice slight details.

He had eyebags that started to form. His eyes were red and puffy. His breathing gradually became heavier as my words hurt him. 

"You want to know how I feel about you? You want my answer to your confession?" My eyes burned with tears that threatened to fall. Jungkook clenched his jaw.

"Your mere presence alone makes me physically ill."

It took a lot of courage for me to say that under his intense gaze.

I couldn't understand it.

He looked like he was about to throw me out the window but at the same time, looked like he wanted to hold me tight in his embrace.

Unexpectedly, he smiled.

It was a small smile.

"I'll give you some time." 

That was all he said before he walked out and locked the door.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Jungkook! Get me out of here! Now!" Y/N screamed on the other side of the door as she attempted to knock it down.

I still had my hand on the doorknob. I froze in my place.

Her cruel words kept replaying in my head.

My mere presence alone makes her physically ill?

I shook it off and forced a smile.

She just needs time. That's all.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to finish up our breakfast.

I buttered all the slices of toast and topped our glasses with freshly brewed coffee.

I approach the room to find the door open. Without thinking, I put the trays down and ran around the house calling for her.

How did she get out?

"Y/N! Y/N where are you!?" I called out. I dashed around, checking every room in the house.

An anxious feeling developed in my chest. I started to get desperate and knocked everything out of my way.

"Y/N, please answer me!" I loudly pleaded.

A scream suddenly erupted from the basement. I sighed and caught my breath, knowing exactly where she was.

It looks like she's found him.