Chapter 6: Can We Not Castrate Anyone?

Start from the beginning

"So Bessie escaped?"

Artemis raised an eyebrow out the name, but nodded nonetheless. "Yes, the Ophiotaurus has escaped. Even though you are past 16 years of age, it is still dangerous. As a creature of the sea, I thought it would be best if we had someone of the sea to help us."

"Ok. When do we start?"

"We'll start hunting in about a week. After all, we need to make sure you are trained to travel as far as we do, and learn the way of our Hunters."

"Um, ok. Sounds easy enough. Who's going to train me?"

"I will train you, Perseus. You are the only male I trust, but I don't trust you that much to be trained by one of my Hunters, even when they can take care of themselves."

"That makes sense."

Artemis was surprised at his comment, but hid it well. She went inside her tent, and came back out with a tiny, blue disc. "I have made this tent for you. You will walk fifty footsteps from the farthest tent on the edge of the camp, and then place your tent down. Do you understand me, Perseus?"

"Yes, Lady Artemis."

"Well, go on then. Get to it. I warn you that you are a male, and will not be spared by my Hunters. Watch out."

He watched her walk off, and gulped. What did they mean? He knew what she meant when he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. "OW!" He turned around and saw multiple hunters with bows ready to fire, and they had already aimed it. Aimed it at him. He ran so fast, it was the fastest in his life. He saw a tent, and started counting his steps until he reached fifty. SNAP. He was now hanging upside down tied up in rope hanging from a tree branch.

"Told you we'd get him, girls." A Hunter came out of her hiding spot, smirking. More came out. There was about ten of them, him having left the other seven by running. 

"Time to do as we wish." One got her bow and arrow out, and the other followed. They stood at a considerable distance, and started shooting. He grunted from the pain, because their arrows were the best of the best, only for the Hunters. Each shot was like a nail being nailed into his skin by a hammer. 

He decided to get the help from nearby water. He focused on the nearest river to him, and started to lift it, which temporarily distracted him from the pain inflicted on him by the Hunters. Percy could feel the water rising a little bit, so he focused harder. With the familiar gut clenching in his stomach, he rose the water higher. But then it got cut off.

Someone was in the river, he realized. He felt a sort of tongue in the water, whipping it away. He realized it was dracaena, and they were coming for the Hunters. He focused harder, not bothering with the pain.

"You can scream, it's ok. Don't try to be 'manly' when you aren't." One Hunter said.

He ignored them, and concentrated, giving it his all. He let the energy build inside him, not being restrained. And then he let go, and everyone heard something.

"Some sort of monster!" One Hunter said, and they all nodded and went to the noise.

He brought some water to himself and used it to cut the ropes that bound him, and leapt off towards the monsters. He ran after the Hunters, keeping on their tails but stealthily. He found a sight that bewildered them all.

There, on the river bank, was two dozen monsters being drowned. Percy, now being closer to the water, made it more furious, more rage-like. The dracaena spluttered and coughed, and Percy made the water swirl even more, making them drown and disappear into golden dust.

Clap. Clap. Clap. "Mmm, good job boy." 

He whipped around and saw Artemis smiling just a little bit at him, and the she turned serious. "Have you put your tent down yet?"