Chapter 5: Bad Luck Or Bad Destiny?

Two Months After Percy First Met Up With Athena, He is 17 years and 8 months old.

Percy POV

I paced back and forth  in my cabin, thinking about the recent events. Hestia had found out about me "trying to rape Aphrodite". Luckily, Artemis and my father still don't know. I wish someone else besides Artemis knew, because she's a man-hater. Because of that, she's out, just like the other gods. 

I also heard from Athena during our meetings that lots of minor gods know about it. She doesn't know their opinion on it, though.

And yes, dear readers, I have meetings with a goddess who... I don't know. But she and I have gotten closer. I feel like I really know the gray-eyed goddess better, and I think she now approves of Annabeth and I at least a little bit. A little bit.

Rachel and I still haven't told anyone about Ares beating me up, me "trying to rape Aphrodite", or about the visions. We agreed we should wait for a prophecy before we say anything. 

The younger campers talk about me. I know because I am stealthy, and I tend to happen to be there when they talk about me behind my back, so I eavesdrop. Not heroic, but I just wonder. What am I viewed as now? Turns out they talk bad at me. "Weak, loser, dumb, etc." Kind of hurts to hear those things about me. 

The older campers who I don't know really well also talk weirdly about me, even though I fought by their sides in both wars. As for my friends, they seem distant. Hazel, Frank, Jason, Piper, Leo, Will, Reyna, Dakota, everyone. Annabeth and I have mended some parts of our relationship, but it feels as if it's just broken. But I try.  We hang out a lot, even more after she rejected me. But every time we do, I think she just wants our time to be over as soon as possible.

My only real friend that I know is real and I trust is Rachel, probably because she is the one who had the visions. If she didn't have visions and didn't come to me about them, she might've started being distant too. Nico starts to often spend time with either his father, or travelling between camps. Thalia spends all her time with the Hunters, so she doesn't believe it either. Yet.

I go to Camp Jupiter, too, and I hear bad things about me there. I have to start transferring my luggage to Camp somehow, after all. I also planned to propose to Annabeth, someway or somehow before college starts. I want people to know she's mine for the taking.

The part that troubled me the most was the occurrence of demigod dreams. I've had at least two every single week, and one time, I had five in one week. They were all about the hooded man. Some show him in Tartarus, some show him fighting, and some show him saving naked people. I don't know why the naked part, though. All I know that I had a meeting with Athena today, and she should be flashing me in right now.

"Percy, are you ready?" 

I nodded straight away, recognizing the wisdom's goddess voice immediately asking me if I was ready to be flashed in. And so I was.

"Athena." I hugged her.

"Percy." She hugged back. I told you readers that we were close.

"Any new updates on the 'rape' problem?" I made air-quotes around "rape".

"Some of the minor gods who fought at least a little bit with us in the wars believe the Council when they say that you tried to 'rape' Aphrodite."

"But I don't understand, why can we not just present my case to the Council and say she's lying?"

"Percy, you have to understand that we can't just go into the Throne Room without you being zapped for 5 seconds. Do you hear me? And we have to have more information from Aphrodite and why she did that, without confronting her about it head-on."