Forbidden Love

The Phoenix Kingdom and Sea Kingdom have been at war for almost an entire century. They fought over who was dominant. "We have more power in the sea!" The Sea Kingdom would say.

"We have more power in the air!"The Phoenix Kingdom would say. They constantly fought over this and started a war. The battles were mainly fought by mermen and male phoenixes. The leaders, Emperor Zarkon of the Phoenix Kingdom and King Alfor of the Sea Kingdom, had been angry at each other for an unknown reason. But this isn't about them.

Lance and his best friend Hunk, were swimming around the boarder between them and humans, another species completely irrelevant and stupid compared to mermen. Lance was a curious merman, and always as been so interested in the phoenixes. "Hey Hunk! Let's go to the surface! Maybe we'll see a human or something!" Hunk frantically shook his head, his yellow tail whipping back and forth. "Are you crazy?! We could be seen by a mean, scary, big, phoenix!"

This hyped Lance even more. "I know, don't worry we'll stay out of sight! Come on it'll be fun!" Hunk reluctantly agreed. They swam up to the surface, open to the human and phoenix eyes. They swam around, fooling around. Well, Lance did. Hunk mostly looked around nervously, "Come on Hunk. Lighten up!" They heard the wind gushing swiftly. The wind was blowing way too hard for it to be a normal breeze. Lance and Hunk looked up and saw a creature. Lance eye's widened."Hunk!Hunk, did you see-Annnnd he's gone."

The phoenix had a pair of big fiery wings. He had dark black hair that went down in a mullet. But did he look good. He had the most stunning eye's Lance had ever seen. A pair of dark violet sparkling eyes looked around. He sat down on the sand and folded his wings, making him look like a normal human, showing off his long, finger-less gloves and shirt. " I could've sworn I heard something..." He muttered. Lance blushed as he realized he might've been really loud. He decided to say hi, no matter what was happening between the two species. But being Lance, would do a dramatic gesture.

Lance swam behind the rock he was hiding and showed himself, but pretended not to notice the handsome phoenix. He did amazing synchronized swimming a little far from the phoenix boy. His fins for ears flickered and his tail shone a brilliant blue. The phoenix looked in admiration to Lance's supposedly practicing dancing/swimming. Lance looked behind him and smiled at him. The phoenix blushed and looked away. Lance swam closer to him and rested his arms in the sandy shore, getting sand all over his arms. The phoenix backed away cautiously. Lance grinned at the boy,"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you, we aren't in the middle of a battle are we?" The boy blushed and scooted closer to Lance. "What's your name?" asked Lance, swishing his tail back and forth. The boy waited a second.

"Keith."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith and Lance knew each other far a while now. A year and a half exactly. No one knew they were friends. Or that Lance liked Keith more than one. No one knew they met every night for a year and a half. They always met at the same place they first met, and always waited for each other no matter how long.

Lance swam along the ocean, waiting for Keith. He heard the wind blowing harder than before. He smiled and saw Keith, flapping his big wings back and forth. "Hey Keithy!" Keith blushed at the surname. "Hey Lance." he landed on the cool sand and sat down, folding his wings. They talked for a few hours. Keith was talking about how annoying his brother was being, but Lance wasn't really paying attention to that. Well, he was...but he preferred looking at Keith's soft hair. He imagined running his fingers through it. Keith fell silent and smiled as he looked into Lance's dazed blue eyes. "Can I touch your hair?" Keith blushed at how blunt Lance was being. "Sure." Lance gently lifted his hand from the water and brushed a lock of hair behind his ear. Lance ran his fingers through the black hair, tangling it in water. He was lost in Keith's violet orbs and didn't notice himself leaning in. Neither did Keith. Keith's lips brushed against Lance's own warm lips.