Cupid Falls in Love

Lance has been Cupid for only a few years now. His mother retired and left Lance with the job of Eros. He lied to everyone that his middle name was Charles. It's not. It's Eros. The McClain family has been Cupid for hundreds of generations now. God(or gods if you want) gave them the job to help others find true love. They could also find true love themselves. Lance has had many crushes, but only the person Cupid has a crush on and is their true love can see them on Valentines, when they are usually invisible to others. Lance always had his wings, but they are permanent during Valentine's day. Other days he could switch between being with his wings or without. On Valentine's he couldn't. Lance was always disgusted with the image of Cupid. A big baby with the heart arrows. No, Cupid was Lance and he did have to wear a toga to fit his wings, but the arrows? Not a reality. Whenever it was Valentine's day, the person who was Cupid played sick or was on a 'vacation'. More like he was doing his or her job.

Every Cupid had a biological child. Except if your true love is of the same sex, then you can adopt and they will begin the new generation of Cupids. As you can tell, it hasn't been that way for a while.

Lance had also liked his 'rival' Keith for the longest time now. He discovered on the first year he was Cupid, Keith could see him...and was his true love. Lance panicked and claimed him as a rival. Every year, Keith would ask if their friends could see him flying around with huge-ass wings and a light blue toga. No one could see him and eventually Keith figured he was just seeing things. In reality, Lance would hide from Keith whenever he was near. Well, today was Valentine's day, on a Sunday so he didn't have school. 

Perfect. 

He dressed in his light blue toga and let his wings spread out. He stepped outside his house and made sure Keith wasn't there. He flew around for a while till he saw someone needed his help. "Ahh, Hunk. My best friend, my light, my ball of sunshine, the ye to my haw. You're finally gonna ask Shay out? I need to see this." Lance flew over to a few blocks down, where Hunk was visiting Shay at her house. Lance raised his eyebrow,"Shay lives a few blocks from mine? Oh." Hunk was wearing a yellow shirt and brown pants. His hair was nicely brushed and his face was nervously flushed. He ringed the doorbell and Lance stood right next to Lance and put his hands on his shoulders. Shay opened the door and she wore a dark green dress with golden hoop earrings. She cut her hair to a cute bob and Hunk's heart was racing. She blushed immediately when she saw Hunk. "Hunk! Hello, I'm glad to see you! How are you?" She said calmly, while her heart said otherwise. Hunk coughed and smiled at her. Lance smirked,"Hunk, this is your conscience." Hunk could hear him in his thoughts and Lance could hear his. That's what happened when he put his hands on his shoulders.

My conscience? Whatever, can you help me? I'm really nervous. Lance smiled at his friend,"Of course, Hunk. Just ask her out calmly, don't be nervous. I think she likes you. Be nice and be a gentleman!" Hunk nodded,"Hey Shay, I'm doing good! I hope you are too, because I wanna ask you something." Shay nodded furiously,"Yes, I'm doing wonderful-perfect-great! What do you wanna ask me?" Hunk smiled warmly at her and Lance grinned like he was about to see his ship become cannon. Wait, it was. "You got this, buddy." 

"Will you go out with me?" He pulled out a bouquet of yellow flowers, somehow. Shay gasped in delight as Hunk looked in confusion at the yellow bouquet. That was the work of his little friend. "Oh Hunk, of course I will!" She said, taking the bouquet and Hunk's worries went away. Thanks conscience. Lance laughed aloud,"No problem, buddy." He let go of Hunk's shoulders and flew away as he saw Keith walk around the corner. Keith felt a breeze fly past him and he caught a glimpse of white. Keith looked at the ground and saw a single white feather with a gold sparkle almost. He bent down to pick it up, but the minute it touched his fingers, it vanished into nothing. Keith tilted his head in confusion and kept on walking. He had a goal in mind. He was gonna talk-no, confess- to Lance.