Cupid Falls in Love

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, Lance had a fist over his heart that was pounding loudly in his ears. He took a breath as he hid behind a wall and watched Keith look at one of his feathers. He panicked and lost all train of thought when Keith tilted his head. It was the cutest thing ever, but he had to focus. He felt something in his heart, meaning someone else needed his help. He flew to a flower shop, Romelle's flower shop. He saw Keith's adopted brother, Shiro. He seemed panicked and looked at the flowers everywhere. Lance stifled a laugh, Shiro was clearly stressed to pick out flowers for his boyfriend, Adam. He put his hands on Shiro's broad shoulders. "Shiro, calm down. What is Adam's favorite color?" Shiro was deep in thought, Brown, but any brown flower is a dead one! Lance sighed," What is his second favorite color? Shiro thought for a second, Yellow and Orange. Lance looked at the choices of flowers set in front of him."Shiro, I'm certain he will love the sunflowers." Shiro smiled and slapped himself in the face,"Of course, sunflowers! Romelle? Can I have a bouquet of sunflowers?" Romelle sent him a thumbs up and gave him a sunflower bouquet. Shiro walked out of the store with a proud smile on his face. Lance grinned and felt a tug at his heart. He turned around in time to see Keith walking by, a frown on his face. Lance didn't know this but Keith went to his house only to see he wasn't there. Lance flew into an alleyway. Keith noticed his brother and waved. Shiro grinned and walked to his boyfriend that was waiting for him in a cafe. Keith saw a trail of feathers, the ones he saw before, set out in front of him. Keith knew not to touch it this time, but instead followed to where they led. He walking into an empty alleyway.

Lance flapped his wings faster than he ever did before, going to the next person in need of help. Veronica McClain, his sister. She knew about Cupid and knew that she wasn't chosen to be Cupid. She didn't mind though, she just wanted to look good for her date with her girlfriend. Lance smiled and entered her apartment and put his hands on her shoulders,"Hey sis." Veronica couldn't see her brother but smiled,"Lance, I figured you were helping people out." She said out loud. Lance laughed,"It's my job!" Veronica shrugged,"I need help for clothing choices. I'm meeting up with Acxa in 15." Lance nodded,"Just wear your black shirt and blue scarf. And those black combat boots and leggings. I'm sure you'll look beautiful." Veronica smiled,"Thanks Lance, will you accompany me to the restaurant?" Lance nodded,"Sure thing!" Lance let go of his sister's shoulders and she walked as Lance flew. He was very excited and his wings were flapping furiously enough that little feathers flew off. Lance didn't notice, but Keith, who somehow had been able to follow him without seeing him, had noticed. He walked slowly and followed the trail. 

Lance stopped in front of the restaurant. Veronica grinned nervously,"Lance, I'm a little nervous." Lance scoffed,"You're Cupid's sister, I don't get why you're so nervous. You could get any girl or guy you wanted." Veronica laughed lightly,"I know, I just don't wanna mess up." Lance smiled," Ronnie, you're amazing and Axca really loves you. I know, I'm Cupid." Veronica giggled,"Okay, Thanks Lance." Lance saluted to her, even if she couldn't see him,"No problemo, hermana." Veronica rolled her eyes and opened the door to the restaurant. Lance sighed and turned away from the door. He looked up and his wings went stiff. His eyes widened and his heartbeat sped up.

Keith was right there-across the god damn street- looking at him right in the eyes. 

His arms were crossed and he had a small smile tugging at his lips. He walked across the street as Lance tried to walk away calmly. He couldn't fly because his wings were failing him and weakened when he locked eyes with Keith. "Hey Lance!" Lance turned around to face Keith, but avoided his eyes. "H-Hey Keith." Keith smiled and stuffed his hands into his pockets, blushing a bit. "What are you doing here?" Lance forced a small smile,"I was-uh-looking around." Keith nodded,"I see, you were looking at the shoes?" Lance looked next to him and saw that right next to the restaurant was a shoe store. "Yup!" He said with a grin on his face. Maybe Keith didn't see the wings...or the toga..and saw regular clothes or something.