off to dreamland

By the time Chaeyoung finally recovers, it was already bed time.

Jimin had walked her towards the main house where she will be situated for the night, which she deemed was absolutely unnecessary but then he argued that as her bestfriend (yes, the bestfriend label is back), he should at least escort her to her sleeping quarters. It was all a joke, really.

They found one empty room in the second floor, one that's filled with a queen sized bed and it's own bathroom. So now, they stand awkwardly inside the said room, gazes avoiding each other like middle schoolers.

"So, um," Jimin clears his throat, looking at anywhere but her. "You'll be fine here, yeah?"

Chaeyoung nods, maybe a little too eagerly because she bounces on her feet. "Yeah, yeah, I will." She doesn't hide the giddiness in her voice.

He nods with the same grin on his face as he walks backwards to the door. "That's good. So, goodnight?"

"Goodnight," she smiles as her hands get ahold of the door knob. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course." Jimin gives her a little wave, and she closes the door softly.

When there's no one in the room but her, she releases a long, long breath. Finally, she was able to tell him after holding it in for days. It felt like a heavy weight was lifted of her chest that she just wants to jump around and do whatever (a little concerning on her part).

Surprisingly, though, he'd been so understanding. Honestly she expected him to lash out on her or throw her to the water or something, but then she's probably just too immersed in her nightly kdramas that she was able to imagine things like that.

(Can you even blame her?)

And so, Chaeyoung does her nightly routine. She cleans her face thoroughly, does a quick shower, brushes her teeth, and puts on her comfy silk pajamas. She plops on the bed--which is surprisingly soft--and tucks herself in the covers.

Just when she closes her eyes, a knock interrupts the quiet of the room.

Sitting up on her elbows, she eyes the door warily before hugging and standing up. Really, who could be up at this hour?

Chaeyoung pulls open the door, mouth ready to curse whoever was behind it.  "What the actual fuck--oh? Min? Why are you back?"

Jimin stands right in front of her room, scratching his head and looking like he wants to jump off a cliff. "I'm really sorry, Chaeng, but," he chuckles awkwardly, "all the other rooms are locked. I went to the other house, but it's locked too. I don't really have anywhere to sleep but... but here."

"Oh," she whispers, because what the hell was she supposed to say? "I see." Sharing a room with your friend? That's okay. Sharing a room with a male friend? Fine. Sharing a room with your bestfriend-turned-enemy-but-now-friend-after-years-of-fighting? Uh, she doesn't really know.

"I'm just... can I... can I sleep in your room?" Jimin's cheeks were extremely red at this point, and if Chaeyoung isn't distracted by the fact that they were going to share the same (same!) bed, she probably would've made fun of him right now.

"I..." she eyes the bag in his right hand. He looks so down that she just couldn't help but relent. It's just one night, right? Nothing could go wrong. "I guess its fine, just don't--"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to touch you," Jimin clarifies, already looking a hundred times better than he did seconds ago.

"Okay," Chaeyoung murmurs, "okay." She repeats again, making way for him. "Uh, just settle yourself in... I'm on the left side of the bed, by the way."

"I know," he assures her. "I'll just take a quick bath or something."

She nods, already going to her side of the bed. "Sure, I'll sleep ahead."

When he disappears inside the bathroom, she makes a quick work of building a pillow wall between them--just to be safe because it's a well-known fact that Jimin is an annoying sleeper, and Chaeyoung doesn't want to be tangled in whatever shit he does when he's asleep.

Once more, she tucks herself inside the covers, sighing softly when her head meets the pillow.

(She doesn't know if it was a part of her dream or something, but for a moment there, she vaguely remembers a soft hand brushing her cheek for a second before the touch vanishes and she's again succumbed to the world of sleep.)