superhero in a suit

Roséanne's head pounds along with the bass of the Nyx night club, her eyes droopy and her hand holding two different glasses filled with whatever liquid the bartender has poured into.

She and her friends were currently lounging in the VIP section of the club, at the second floor overlooking the club's dance floor and the bar. Jisoo and Tae are making out beside her, Lalisa, Jeongguk, Jennie, Yoongi, Namjoon, Jimin, and Seokjin are busting their asses out of the dance floor, and Hoseok is right next to her observing the entire thing.

"Look at Namjoon," Hoseok snickers as he points at the guy, who's trying to twerk in the midst of the heavy crowd. "That guy is drunk as fuck."

Roséanne giggles when she sees him. "He is more than drunk," she says before she downs an entire glass of Jack Daniels. She's gotta admit, she's a little tipsy now, especially for the fact that she basically inhaled every drink that's been given to her (note that they've been at the bar for almost five hours).

She feels Hoseok nudge her. "Hey, Chaeng, slow it down, you look like you got wrestled by Jimin or something."

"Why Jimin?" she asks as she sets her glass down and leans back on the chair. Moans and sighs can be heard from the couple behind her, but neither she or Hoseok say anything about it.

The man beside her snorts. "Do you think I don't see all your interactions in social media recently? I have eyes, Chaengoo. Something is definitely going on."

"What do you mean something? We literally just work together for his dad's party, which is in three days I may add, and nothing more."

He makes a teasing sound, and Roséanne takes a huge gulp of her other cocktail. "Really? Nothing more?"

"Well," she avoids his gaze, "we've also become friends, but that's not important."

"Not important my ass," he throws his head back and laughs. "Chaeng, I don't know if you remember, but you used to do the most horrendous shit to each other back then. Remember when you smushed Hank's poop to his new white suit just because he accidentally stepped on your new Louboutins?"

She slightly cringes, reminded of the memory.

"Or that time where he painted your Porsche with regular paint that you had to go and redo the entire thing again?"

Man, we were wild. She thinks. "But that's not the point, the point here is, it's important because it's almost eight years since you guys talked properly to each other. Without all the insults and pranks."

Roséanne doesn't argue, instead she takes another swig of the cocktail. "Whatever, I don't really care. Something just clicked in, I guess, but it's not that big of a deal."

Something might've just clicked indeed. Roséanne finds herself loving the comfortable silences between them rather than the usual shit they say to each other. She doesn't know why, but she's growing to like this new thing between them--whatever it is.

(And maybe it's because she kind of misses Jimin, but he doesn't need to know that.)

"I'm out of drinks," she realizes after placing her glass at the table. "I'm gonna go to get more at the bar, you want any?"

Her friend shakes his head, "No, thanks, Chaeng. Be careful, yeah?"

She nods as she stands up. As expected, her head is overcome by dizzyness that she takes a while to recover, blinking momentarily before making her way to the stairs.

In here, the throngs of people were overwhelming and the smell of alcohol and smoke are more prevalent. Roséanne tries to breathe through her mouth as she passes by, zigzagging her way to the bar. She comes across her friends who are now drunkenly laughing with each other at the midst of the dance floor.

"Chaeng-ah!" Lalisa calls for her, hand encircled around a tipsy Jeongguk's hand. Man, her friends are fucked up already. "You drunk?"

"I think?" she screams back before hopping on one of the bar stools. The bartender takes care of her request and she sits there, watching the mass of people sway their limbs to the beat.

"Hey, beautiful," a voice suddenly comes from beside her.

She averts her eyes from the dance floor to the guy who just sat next to her. "Hi."

"Are you alone here?" He goes straight to the point. The guy orders a martini before he turns back to her, waiting for her answer.

"No, no, my friends are with me," she shakes her head.

"Oh, but you seem lonely though," he comments as if she's asked for his opinion. "Want to dance?"

"No, I'm not interested." She's been through this situation numerous times before, but every time this happens, she still feels jittery

"C'mon, just this one time," he begs. "My friends asked me to do a dare, help me out here."

"Do I look like the only girl in this club?"

"No, but p-"

"She said no, now get away from her." A hand is placed on the small of her back, and she almost melts at the comforting touch.

The man in front of her looked at her, then at him. Without any words, he quickly leaves.

"Should I thank you for rescuing me, my hero?" Roséanne asks, a teasing smile playing on her lips as she turns to face him.

Jimin chuckles. "Depends- holy shit, you look so drunk."

She snorts. "Do I, now?" Truthfully speaking, she's almost close to closing her eyes, were it not for that guy from earlier, she'd pass out on the bar, her soul knocked out shitless.

"You look like you spent an entire day in the sauna. You alright, Chaeng?" She keeps her mouth shut as he places the back of his hand to her forehead as if she was sick or something. "You're hot."

"Yeah, I know."

"Not that kind of hot, stupid," Jimin occupies the guy's previous seat. "You're taking another drink?"

"What do you think I'm doing here then? Of course I am." Just in time, the bartender hands her a whiskey sour. "Cheers?"

"At least wait for me," he glares at her before ordering his own. "Don't drink just yet."

She huffs and crosses her arm. Unconsciously, her eyes rakes over Jimin. He's wearing a coat-ish blazer that stops just right above his knees along with a white button down shirt inside, black slacks and some shoes. His hair is pushed back and damn, Roséanne would be lying if she said he didn't look good.

"Like what you see?" Jimin smirks, and she shrugs.

"Maybe."

His drink arrives in time and they both share a few cheesy words before they raise their glasses together, smiles on their faces.