shopping w the parks

"Are you going to the party that Tae's been talking about?" Jimin asks from behind the cart as Roséanne bends down to retrieve two blue vases from the bottom right shelf.

Huffing, she straightens and raises the vases to him as soon as she gets ahold of them. "Which one?" she asks, holding them forward. "This one or this one?"

Jimin squints his eyes at first. "Get both," he eventually decides, not bothering to look at the price tag. It's his money that's being used, after all. "I think it'll look pretty as the centerpieces."

She shrugs before putting it carefully in their almost-full shopping cart.

They've been doing this for an hour and a half now. After the little café incident they had two days ago, Jimin texted her yesterday night about shopping for decorations and since she had no schedule, she agreed (really, what could she do? The party was in four days).

Jimin had picked her up from her apartment since her car wasn't fixed (and her other cars were at her parent's manor, sadly) and they were practically forced to spend half an hour in a cramped space, only this time, there were barely any insults from either of them and everything was calmer, more chill than it was before.

(Even if she doesn't want to admit it to herself, but Roséanne prefers it more than their usual bickering.)

"As for the party thing," Roséanne says while she grips the shopping cart lightly and they tread through the endless aisles of fake flowers, "I think I'm going. I mean, it's for their relationship reveal celebration after all, it would be fitting if we were to join in it."

She hears him hum in agreement from behind her.

Voice lowered and eyes elsewhere, she adds, "Are you going?"

Jimin nods. "Yeah, Jisoo insisted for me to come so I couldn't say no."

"Ah," she purses her lips, "okay."

They walk through the store for a while, her eyeing other potential decorations and Jimin talking about things that she only nods her head to.

"Do we have everything we need?" he asks, looking at the cart.

Roséanne takes a look at her shopping list. They have everything, except the flowers.

She shakes her head. "No, no, we need to have flowers."

"But you're already here."

Silence creeps in between them. Roséanne furrows her brows in confusion, eyes darting from the aisle to Jimin's playful gaze. A teasing smile is on his face, awaiting for her response.

"What do you mean..." she mutters, mostly to herself. Then, it finally sinks into her. "Jimin, you're so stupid," she weakly hits his arm, to which emits a laugh from him.

"Hey, now what did I say about us fighting?" He responds, snickering at her.

Roséanne suddenly remembers his earlier words.

("Hey, Chaeng," Jimin hesitantly started while the car moved out of her apartment complex. "I've been thinking about it, but... while we're doing this whole birthday preparation thing, I don't really want to stress myself out, or you out, because I know we have a lot of things to do other than this. So I've been thinking, for just this one time," he avoided her eyes, "let's not fight, yeah?"

It took her a few seconds to absorb his words. She'd never imagine Jimin  asking her to stop their usual fights, as he's known for his reckless pride and stubborn attitude. So, without any argument, she shrugged.

"Sure, why not?")

"Yeah, yeah, I know." She quickly turns back from him, feeling the heat rush to her cheeks. Whew, why is this mall so hot out of a sudden? "Um, anyway, which flowers should we choose?"

Jimin scans the aisle, biting his bottom lip in concentration. "Those blue hyacinths will be nice. I imagine they'll look good inside those vases."

She finds herself nodding with him. "Okay then."

Hands stretching to the highest shelf, she stands on her tippy toes to reach for the nearest hyacinth. She wriggles her fingers (what for? She has no idea) as she attempts to grab the hanging leaf.

"You're so short, oh my god," Jimin grumbles from beside her.

Immediately, a hand is placed on her waist. Roséanne gulps as she feels Jimin from behind her, reaching for the said flowers and using her waist as support. His breath fans on the back of her neck, and she tries her best to not move as he grabs several pieces of hyacinths.

"Here you go," he smiles lightly as he hands them to her. Finally out of her daze, she takes it and places them inside the cart. "You're so short, Chaeng, tsk."

"Jimin, you're only three inches taller than me, shut up," she complains while grabbing the cart and pulling them out of the flower aisle. "Now let's pay, it's getting so hot in here."

He only chuckles from behind her.

She can't help but smile, too.

("Let's grab dinner together?" Jimin offers after they placed their bags in the trunk.

Roséanne almost disagrees, except for the fact that her stomach gave a loud grumble that had Jimin laughing on his way back to the driver's seat.

"Okay, okay, I think I already have the answer."

She let's out a giggle. "You know me too well.")